Offensive, I’m offended

I quit killing snakes some time ago. I do not fear them. I respect their area. I pay attention when hunting pronghorn on opening week as there are many prairie rattlers around. My dog gets snake shot boosters each year. I hunt quail in the SW and on any warm winter day rattlers can be sunning to keep warm, therefore I/we, my dog and myself, pay attention to our surroundings. We have lots of rattlers here in MT. We also have lots of bears. They get the same treatment as snakes.
Quite frankly I harbor no fear nor animosity toward snakes. They are in our environment for a reason. Give them wide birth and be sure to aware of your surroundings. MTG
Yeah, but when has someone been thrown into a pit of bears or locked in a coffin of bears, or had a bear swim up a toilet, or had a bear hide in their lawn in the city, or had a bear fall out of the ceiling, or had a bear hide in their garage and pop out onto their reloading bench, or had a bear appear suddenly in their car.

Snakes are jerks.

Good ‘nuff! Be fearful, scared, hate them as you choose. Guess I see it differently. I leave them be. Have lived with them in many states. Have yet to be bitten, chased, run off or scared by them thus far. People have all types of phobias. No big deal. MTG

Good ‘nuff! Be fearful, scared, hate them as you choose. Guess I see it differently. I leave them be. Have lived with them in many states. Have yet to be bitten, chased, run off or scared by them thus far. People have all types of phobias. No big deal. MTG
Bro you be all like don't be a snake hater and I'm all like...

Harrison-Ford-Torch-GIF-unscreen.gif

There's a reason Raider's didn't go down this way...

Rattlesnake benefits
Although rattlesnakes may seem scary to people, they play a very important role in their ecosystems by controlling small mammal populations.

You bet, like small bipeds and puppies. Them bastages do not discriminate.

Yeah, but when has someone been thrown into a pit of bears or locked in a coffin of bears, or had a bear swim up a toilet, or had a bear hide in their lawn in the city, or had a bear fall out of the ceiling, or had a bear hide in their garage and pop out onto their reloading bench, or had a bear appear suddenly in their car.

Snakes are jerks.

Exactly. No one ever made a movie called Bears On A Plane.

Just sayin’. 🤷‍♂️

Have offered my opinion. My opinion only about snakes. I neither like them nor fear them. I‘M gone. MTG

Say hello to my little friend. I was in a meeting this morning and my boss took a phone call on my phone from a lady who had a timber rattlesnake in her yard. She lives in prime rattlesnake territory and knows how to handle them. She had got it into a 55 gallon garbage barrel and wanted to know if we wanted it for our cage. We already have a snake but this one was so impressive we have it in our cage. We will release both of the timber rattlers in September back to their den site, but for now they will be used for education on the importance of the snakes. We have also used them with paramedics and first responders to practice for what to do if/when someone gets bitten.
1625601393296.jpeg
1625601496690.jpeg

Just remember, its not the snake you see that you have to be worried about -- its the one you never see....
I’d never seen a rattlesnake in my life… it’s no wonder. I stepped right over one in the Breaks last year, sat near it and when my wife came over she noticed it… I SHOT up and couldn’t flippin believe it. Lol You never know…

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back