Off The Charts! Unbelievable!!!

Big Sky

Very rarely does a day of ice fishing produce big fish like this. In my small group all of us caught some really big fish. I hope y'all don't mind me sharing. This is on a heavily fished public lake that is artificial flies and lures only. So that means this is even more impressive as you can't use bait.
Danny-Beard-1-30-21-B.jpg

Troy-Adams-1-30-21-A.jpg

Kasey-Bob-Willden-1-30-21-B.jpg

Danny-Beard-1-30-21-A.jpg

Jake-Moss-1-30-21-A.jpg

Wow! Seriously impressive. The widely differing color variations between the males and females are really interesting.

Yep, that's off the charts unbelievable all right. Nice haul.

I see a lot of good rainbows every summer, those are great fish and no damn bears!

Is it a stocked lake? Just wondering since tails look like those of cycled out breeding fish that are worn from banging against concrete.

Is it a stocked lake? Just wondering since tails look like those of cycled out breeding fish that are worn from banging against concrete.
Every lake in this state is stocked. However these fish are put in here when they are 10-12" long. Some of them grow back all their fins and tail and look perfect and some don't. Some also get beat up pretty bad by cormorants and pelicans when they are younger. No brood stock (big worn out fish from the hatchery) are ever put in this lake.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back