Yeti GOBOX Collection

Odocoileus hemionus

Oh Hell yeah! He's a stud buck! Congratulations Randy, you squeezed every drop of fun out of that tag. Also, don't be shy about posting his score, I'm really interested to know what some of that bucks measurements are.

Well what the heck do we have to look forward to now that you filled your tag?!?! Congrats on finding and harvesting a very respectable buck! You earned every bit of that one.

We knew we were on big buck ridge when I found this-

6870_zpsoruycqez.jpeg

A couple more dead buck pictures-

20151116_163506_zpshqnm2yjk.jpg

6662_zpsqlunzetc.jpeg

I didn't get real precise on the score, but my rough measurements came up with right around 190 gross. 25.5 inch beams, 12.5-13 inch g4s.

This buck definitely passes what my expectations were for finding on the mountain. Everything I saw before this buck had let me to thinking a 160-170" deer was a keeper up there. I'm very glad I stuck with my gameplan of hunting high and holding out until the bitter end, but I was definitely getting nervous that that was the right gameplan.

I'm glad everyone had fun following along, I had a blast making the updates.

So it looks like I'm late to the party with my official Hunttalk congrats, but I was busy reclaiming my elk from Ursus Arctos Horribilis. I'd have offered a double order of Double Front Chicken to have you holding another can of pepper spray.

Huge kudos on a well earned buck. You earned every inch of him. Thanks also for ensuring my odds of ever drawing this tag are now exponentially worse. :)

If and when I have this tag in hand, I will be plastering reward posters all over the valley offering a fried chicken finders fee. :)

I've been waiting on a picture with two dead bulls in it. Sounds like there's a story also huh? I might be glad you didn't take me up on my packing help offer

Congratulations, Randy. Very happy for you and the great hunt you shared with all of us.

I've been waiting on a picture with two dead bulls in it. Sounds like there's a story also huh? I might be glad you didn't take me up on my packing help offer

They are just elk. Nothing like a big muley. :) The camera with all the pics on it is on another adventure in eastern MT as we speak. I'll have to wait till Travis gets back before I post any pics. We had actually talked about trying to come hunt with you for a day after we got the elk out, but then you had to go and end it early. At least you got an okay buck out of it.

edit- I just checked my email. Looks like some pictures off said camera are in my inbox. Thread coming shortly.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back