Yeti GOBOX Collection

NV First come

Wow! I like the idea of 1C1S, but if you're not sitting on the site 24/7, you'll never see one. There has to be a better process.
I think some of its just luck, I stared at it for two days straight trying to get the matching lope tag of my buddy I had seen I walked away for a second and missed it. But I think this system is about as good as it gets for reissuing tags. If you did like a list with random names pulled it would become labor intensive or to time consuming contacting the winner, then if they don’t want it start process over and over. I think this is pretty good way to make sure the tags get hunted. What are your thoughts on making it better? I could maybe see something like a priority listing so you only see the tags you put as number one? Like I want a lope tag that’s all I would see that would eliminate the automatic clicker then they actually read the tag and let it time out cuz they really never wanted it.

I think some of its just luck, I stared at it for two days straight trying to get the matching lope tag of my buddy I had seen I walked away for a second and missed it. But I think this system is about as good as it gets for reissuing tags. If you did like a list with random names pulled it would become labor intensive or to time consuming contacting the winner, then if they don’t want it start process over and over. I think this is pretty good way to make sure the tags get hunted. What are your thoughts on making it better? I could maybe see something like a priority listing so you only see the tags you put as number one? Like I want a lope tag that’s all I would see that would eliminate the automatic clicker then they actually read the tag and let it time out cuz they really never wanted it.
It's not that I think the system is bad. It does seem like it is achieving the main goal of making sure every tag gets hunted. But maybe a release schedule would be helpful?? I know some will say this may lead to too many people on the site at once and lead to crashes, but not everyone will be on at 8 am/10 am/2 pm/4 pm/6 pm/8 pm. Plus, and I know some people will hate this, I didn't have a problem on with the ID OTC come and get it sale last year.

Given point creep, and the somewhat "luck of the draw" nature for the main draws, it would be nice if some of the randomness was taken out. I know that is an odd thing to say in a gambling state. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure I like the idea of a priority list. Maybe some sort of reverse list? Those who have been waiting the longest get first dibs? But then how does that practically work when you have last minute tag returns for unexpected medical issues. I think I like the idea of making the returned tags available to those who applied for the returned unit in the first place, first. But again, logistically how would this work for last minute returns?

Admittedly, these are first world problems. So I hope I won't lose sleep over it. But we have the technology, we can make this a better mouse trap.

Wow! I like the idea of 1C1S, but if you're not sitting on the site 24/7, you'll never see one. There has to be a better process.
Oh give it up…this is about as fair as it gets. I don’t have time to sit on the site very often at all and have had opportunities at multiple tags.

I like the process, but you are right the more time you dedicate to it the better you’re odds are of getting a good tag.

It's not that I think the system is bad. It does seem like it is achieving the main goal of making sure every tag gets hunted. But maybe a release schedule would be helpful?? I know some will say this may lead to too many people on the site at once and lead to crashes, but not everyone will be on at 8 am/10 am/2 pm/4 pm/6 pm/8 pm. Plus, and I know some people will hate this, I didn't have a problem on with the ID OTC come and get it sale last year.

Given point creep, and the somewhat "luck of the draw" nature for the main draws, it would be nice if some of the randomness was taken out. I know that is an odd thing to say in a gambling state. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure I like the idea of a priority list. Maybe some sort of reverse list? Those who have been waiting the longest get first dibs? But then how does that practically work when you have last minute tag returns for unexpected medical issues. I think I like the idea of making the returned tags available to those who applied for the returned unit in the first place, first. But again, logistically how would this work for last minute returns?

Admittedly, these are first world problems. So I hope I won't lose sleep over it. But we have the technology, we can make this a better mouse trap.
Colorado has something similar to this and it’s been a disaster this year. I’m sure there is a couple guys on here that have dealt with it this year and can expand on the negative experience they have had.

And what would be a better process? Given the fact that they are random tags for different species and different hunts and weapons. Should they print up the tag and make people buy it in person and have a mad rush to a NDOW office which might be across the state from wherever you live?
I think the current process is just fine.

And what would be a better process? Given the fact that they are random tags for different species and different hunts and weapons. Should they print up the tag and make people buy it in person and have a mad rush to a NDOW office which might be across the state from wherever you live?
I think the current process is just fine.
What's wrong with having a particular time(s) of day when new tags are available?

Because the site would crash and still piss people off. I think it is giving a ton of people the opportunity to hunt on potentially amazing tags.
Well as they old saying goes, if everyone is happy you probably are doing something wrong. 🤔

As far as crashes, I doubt it would be a problem. I was on ID’s site last year and was one of thousands in line without a problem. But I doubt NDOW will make any changes.

Saw this available last night. Are drought or fires or anything else causing this ram tag to be worth a turnback?

AE3089A0-25DD-4DC5-88C1-1050EDF5D127.png

Also is Depredation only avail for Res?
I can see it in categories but doesnt show me option to add to cart

B68BA0B5-D400-4249-A879-76338FC413C3.png

Well as they old saying goes, if everyone is happy you probably are doing something wrong. 🤔

As far as crashes, I doubt it would be a problem. I was on ID’s site last year and was one of thousands in line without a problem. But I doubt NDOW will make any changes.
Actually they have been. This is brand new this year, and
Saw this available last night. Are drought or fires or anything else causing this ram tag to be worth a turnback?

View attachment 194533
There was a bad pneumonia outbreak in the unit last year and they cut tags back drastically. Maybe it got worse?

Actually they have been. This is brand new this year, and
I meant that NDOW probably won't change the 1C1S platform anytime soon, since it is new. But especially now they won't change it since I finally saw my first tag pop up this evening.

1631677714045.png

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back