NV First come

BT_NVhunter

So been watching for a few days now and today I had temptation x 10 an Antlered Elk tag for 111-115 Archery popped up for about 10min I stared at it. But I stuck to my guns and I want to save my bull tag till I know a bit more about elk hunting. But man that was tempting. Anyone had success on the 1st come 1st serve tags?

BT, you passed on one of the best tags in Nevada. I would have been happy to pass on some Intel. I'm in bull purgatory so I can't even peek at the available bull tags. Draw odds for that tag are astronomical.

I checked several times for an archery cow tag but didn't see anything available and the cow hunt is half over.

Oh trust me I know if I hadn’t already purchased my CO tag I think I would have. My main thing is I want to at least go on a few Elk hunts before I get my NV tag. Also there would be zero planning as Monday is the opener. Not the way I’d like to do it ya know. My buddy’s father in-law had the rifle last year and he said it was great they saw 2-4 bulls a day. But just inexperience makes me hesitant especially when I gotta wait seven years to try again.

Actually, the opener is the 25th. But I understand. I drew 231 with 4 points and little recent experience last year. At my age, I can't wait to get a tag. I paid for it but I had a great time. I stood laughing like a schoolgirl while a 7x7 walked within 25 yards. Had a 6x6 at less than 7 yards but by then, I had lost 18 pounds and didn't have the strength to draw my bow straight back. He caught me twisting like a pretzel trying to get to full draw...etc. multiple encounters that went sideways. Good luck on your Colorado hunt.

Actually, the opener is the 25th. But I understand. I drew 231 with 4 points and little recent experience last year. At my age, I can't wait to get a tag. I paid for it but I had a great time. I stood laughing like a schoolgirl while a 7x7 walked within 25 yards. Had a 6x6 at less than 7 yards but by then, I had lost 18 pounds and didn't have the strength to draw my bow straight back. He caught me twisting like a pretzel trying to get to full draw...etc. multiple encounters that went sideways. Good luck on your Colorado hunt.
Yeah I figure three hunts whether it’s my tag or someone else’s and I’ll start putting serious thought into my application in NV.

Ok I gotta say this website thing kinda easy to get obsessed with. This morning I wasn’t watching for two seconds making a cup of coffee walk back and a antelope tag any legal weapon tag popped up I tried to add that one to cart but someone beat me to it. It’ll get ya hooked watching that wheel go around lol

Off this, I’ve never really applied to NV, would it be a good idea next year to grab a first come tag if you have zero PT’s? Seems since they use points then you wouldn’t be losing anything. Just a thought

Yes that would be absolutely the best play if you apply and start building pts maybe 3-5yrs for a resident to get an any legal weapon Antelope tag like the one I just saw. Or 8-12yrs for a NR. So yes definitely a great opportunity to grab a great tag and go. You won’t have much planning time most the tags I’ve seen pop up the season starts in a week or less. Also won’t know what unit it will be till it pop’s up but still great great opportunity.

I had a 231 archery deer tag in my cart decided to let it go back since I just got a bow about 6 weeks ago and I’m not honestly there yet.

I had a 231 archery deer tag in my cart decided to let it go back since I just got a bow about 6 weeks ago and I’m not honestly there yet.
That is some discipline right there but hey if your not there your not there. But I think I would’ve grabbed that tag and quit my job and shot my bow all day till I did feel there and go lol j/k

That is some discipline right there but hey if your not there your not there. But I think I would’ve grabbed that tag and quit my job and shot my bow all day till I did feel there and go lol j/k
Yeah I considered it and it was hard to let it go back, definitely sat on it for a while but maybe something with a ALW will pop up and I will grab it who knows maybe a 231 ALW tag will get returned. I haven’t been on much the last two days and this week has seemed slow.

You wouldn’t have got that tag FYI they sit on the screen for longer than they actually go for. I saw that tag pop up and immediately clicked add an it was gone. It depends on your internet speed too. I did end up getting 061/071 early archery elk yesterday so I’m heading to hunt NV elk next week. Who’s got the honey holes!?

You wouldn’t have got that tag FYI they sit on the screen for longer than they actually go for. I saw that tag pop up and immediately clicked add an it was gone. It depends on your internet speed too. I did end up getting 061/071 early archery elk yesterday so I’m heading to hunt NV elk next week. Who’s got the honey holes!?
Umm I had it in my cart ready to check out and purchase it so I’m not sure about that.

Oh my bad you didnt mention it in your cart. Yea then thanks for snagging it but not buying it from me! :)
Lol yeah I saw it pop up so I think I could’ve been fastest had I gone for it got the good old fiber optic internet. Good stuff, I will say I’ve been surprised by how many good tags I’ve seen. First time ever I’ve felt lucky to work at a desk most of my day. Just watching the wheel go round and round. I think the only one I’d buy at this point is antelope rifle or a late rifle cow elk tag.

Oh my bad you didnt mention it in your cart. Yea then thanks for snagging it but not buying it from me! :)
Haha yeah it was in my cart and I sat and starred at it for a while tell it timed out and went back. It was in the middle of the night that I had it so I imagine it got reissued roughly 12 hours later.

Lol yeah I saw it pop up so I think I could’ve been fastest had I gone for it got the good old fiber optic internet. Good stuff, I will say I’ve been surprised by how many good tags I’ve seen. First time ever I’ve felt lucky to work at a desk most of my day. Just watching the wheel go round and round. I think the only one I’d buy at this point is antelope rifle or a late rifle cow elk tag.
You wouldn’t buy a sheep ?

Who got it?? I hope it was one of you hunt talkers with 2 NR points who grabbed that 111-115 Archery Bull tag! Season starts today but man I don’t think I should watch this anymore, I had to sit on my hand to keep from trying to click on that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back