NV, Deer Down

got2hunt

well I went out this morning with a couple of friends that came down from reno just to hunt with me. We were heading up to one of our favorite spots to check see what might be moving, well we rounded a bend and here was this monstorious forky about 350 or so out there. he just standing there broadside looking at us, so i figured what I got to lose if i take a shot either a dead deer or a miss. so I took the shot uphill and it fell a bit short, so I figured he was out of my range which i knew he wasnt but someone wanted me to miss. we proceded with our stopping to glass here and there and then rounded another bend I looked up and saw antlers on the skyline about a mile away, through up my binos and came to the conclusion that it was a 4x4 and knew i could get on him since he was on the ridge I like to walk and check a bedding area. we hurried up there and got tp where we thought we might see him and didnt :( I was hoping he didnt drop into the canyon so i started to look in the canyon as i was looking one of my buddys "there he is" and I looked up and saw those same antlers looking at me from 320 yards all I could see was head and neck so I took a solid rest on the rock that I was standing next to slowly squeezed off and as the bullet hit he dropped in his tracks hump as we got up ther we saw that my bullet ripped through his neck and up through his spinal column dropping him where he stood hump we took pics and got down to buissness gutting and dragging and whatever I am sure glad that my best hunting buddys made it here to hunt with me, or I might of had to settle for a small forky since this was my last full day of hunting have a elk hunt coming up next weekend so I had to fill it.................LOL pics will be posted soon

Back