Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

nutrition and fitness

I did a shed some fat diet and dropped 15lbs, at least my hunting clothes fit a bit better at the moment. Gonna be a slap it the face humping up the hills this weekend in Montana.

Nothing a little Ibuprofen and a few beers can't wash away while sitting by the campfire.

What was the shed the fat diet?

I, like WV unfortunately, cannot lift hard and heavy like the good ol days, if I ;'go hard' ...... I go home with a back out. Getting old sux. I'll run some come September, do some practicing with kids gets the heart rate up. Until then, kicking the belly boat around is the extent of cardio work.

Dales Pale Ale is my recovery drink.

Nutrition - mostly protein. Elk, beef, pizza.

I have an extremely tough moose hunt this year.It involves sitting lakeside for a bull to come in for 13 days.No high ground for glassing.I been practicing sitting in my lounge chair watching tv for hours to work on my patience.
All joking aside,I'm most likely taking my son on an elk hunt.We will train our legs and core all summer.We both need to lose 20 lbs to be at our best.I get constant workouts at my job and do no weight training for any hunt.To me having strong legs is a must for elk hunts and I like to do about 7-8 miles before work on the treadmill at highest incline,and a stepper machine.I mix in taking my loaded pack down a steep mountain by my home.Its a mile walk to the hill then a mile down and back up so 4 miles round trip.I can't get to into dieting,but if I want to lose some lbs I guess the weekly pizza and cheesesteaks have to go on hold.Oh God, did I just really say that
Good luck in your training and keep it slow so you get no injuries

My re-dedication to fitness will start Monday with a hernia repair. Should be back in the mix in good health by hunting.

The Bridger Ridge section that always kills me is heading up Saddle Mountain. Not sure if that is the official 'wall of death'. It's not that steep in that section - so that's probably not it. Maybe next year I'll be back in the game for that run. It's out for this year.

The Wall of Death is the climb right out of Ross Pass. Saddle is a tough climb also. Hell, the whole race is tough!

We don't do it near as often now that it's a lottery entry.

I ran my third marathon about eight years ago and threw in the towel on them. They were alright I suppose, I just didn't like the hassle of registering, traveling, crowds, etc. ... All were pretty ok I guess. Just not for me. I needed something a little more practical that I could do once or twice a day without sacrificing a lot of time.

Last year, I got to thinking about the times I ran out of steam in the woods and decided to get ahead this time. I just took some of the basic exercises we used at wrestling practice in high school for about 20 minutes every morning and/or afternoon and it worked like a charm. This year I'm going to combine it with a killer diet I learned a few years back, and hope to hit it twice as hard this season!

Made it up to my stomping grounds over the weekend. Did some mushroom hunting out in the hills. That was a firm reminder and motivator about the importance of getting and staying in shape. Working 12 hr shifts this week so I figure if I dont make it to the fitness center the least I could do is some basic cardio stuff at home. Oh and I did find some shrooms.

Back