Nugent in Trouble

It appears to me that it is unknown if the bear that was grazed died as sounds like nobody could find it,,,sounds like they are out to get uncle Ted,,,,,sounds like a wierd law,,,does that mean that if jo hunter flings an arrow but cant find it that jo hunter has to eat tag soup?

I guess none of us are above the law.... I always read all the regs pertaining to an area I am going to hunt but I can see where a law that isn't a law in 99% of places could catch a guy up. I would be careful if I was filming a show there! That is really the only way to end up with that ticket.

Sounds like a BS law and something that needs to be revisited. Only because its Uncle Ted and only because democrats and Obama want to deface him a little is this even a story.

Sounds like a BS law and something that needs to be revisited. Only because its Uncle Ted and only because democrats and Obama want to deface him a little is this even a story.

Of course, it's Obama's fault.:rolleyes:

"They've got apparently some crazy law in Southeast that says if you even touch an animal with an arrow, it becomes your animal," Ross said by phone Friday. "He looked to see if he had hit it and didn't believe that he'd hit it fatally."

The law is less than 5 years old, and Nugent, who's hunted in that part of Alaska for years, was unaware of it, Ross said.

Ross said he watched video from that episode of "Spirit of the Wild." The lawyer and gun-rights advocate said the arrow "touched" the bear and stuck in the ground. It might have cut the bear's skin, he said.

Uncle Ted should know the laws of where he's hunt filming.

Of course, it's Obama's fault

Nah, that leftist dweeb's more concerned with firing all the cattle guards in red states,;)

I wish this law was for every animal in every state. If you fugg up and make a bad shot, you're done, weather it goes off and dies or not, makes no difference to me.

Ted's an idiot, isn't this the second time he's broken a law he didn't know about?

Of course, it's Obama's fault.:rolleyes:

picture.php

John :D

I wish this law was for every animal in every state.

If an individual chooses to regulate themselves I'm all for it but the last thing we need is more unenforceable government regulations.

And by the way, I'm not saying that I disagree with the intent of the law...

Have no problem with the intent of the law. However, I do not believe that a non fatally wounded animal should count especially in this situation where it seems that the animal wasn't even actually wounded other than a scratch from a razor blade. If you were to cut your neck shaving should you stop shaving for the rest of the year? I know its a little crazy reference but just saying.

so bambi, you're saying that if you shoot at an animal and miss, you should be done hunting for the season? somehow I don't see you or 99% of the other hunters doing that.......lotta ppl would go hungry that way.

The only 4 legged big game I get to hunt in SC is deer, so I'm glad we don't have those dumb ass tag laws and limits in my part of the state. My boy and I would starve if we didn't manage to put 4 or 5 deer in our freezer every year!

Common sense went out the door in a lot of states when the animal lovers started running the DNRs.

After taking a good hard look at that video. I honestly can not see how that was not a good shot on that bear and that bear did not die. The arrow completely disappears into the bear. If anyone see's it differently or has a different outlook let me know. However, I would have to say that the animal probably perished.

After taking a good hard look at that video. I honestly can not see how that was not a good shot on that bear and that bear did not die. The arrow completely disappears into the bear. If anyone see's it differently or has a different outlook let me know. However, I would have to say that the animal probably perished.

Your saying it was more than a nick! I never saw the clip, so I can only go by Uncle Teds supporters words. I would like to see a U-tube clip.

Are you sure that was the shot in question?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back