Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Nugent in Trouble

Saw the video earlier. I don't think they mentioned that was the bear. If it was, pretty apparent it wasn't a grazing shot. Based on the law, wouldn't really matter.

so bambi, you're saying that if you shoot at an animal and miss, you should be done hunting for the season? somehow I don't see you or 99% of the other hunters doing that.......lotta ppl would go hungry that way.

Not what I said, or even implied... If you draw blood, you should punch your tag then go home and cry into your pillow.

I know a guy that has shot multiple elk in archery season before finally killing one, multiple years… Its sad, but it happens a lot more than you think.

I've lost a couple animals in bow season, and spent days looking for them to no avail. I didn't continue hunting. Loosing animals is part of the game, it happens, and all circumstances are different. The facts are if you botch a shot, you had your chance and blew it.. no mulligans allowed.

No law is "enforceable". Grab a dictionary, and look up the word integrity. You either have it or you don't. 99 times out of 100 you could likely get away with just about any game violation.

The only 4 legged big game I get to hunt in SC is deer, so I'm glad we don't have those dumb ass tag laws and limits in my part of the state. My boy and I would starve if we didn't manage to put 4 or 5 deer in our freezer every year!

Common sense went out the door in a lot of states when the animal lovers started running the DNRs.

Do you watch Squidbillies?

Saw the video earlier. I don't think they mentioned that was the bear. If it was, pretty apparent it wasn't a grazing shot. Based on the law, wouldn't really matter.

I would agree if that is the correct video. I have not seen the original airing of the episode with the shot in question. I am just assuming that they put the proper video in the interview. If it is the case then I agree that it was a quality shot.

When you are shooting video for a TV show, one member of your production team should be responsible for checking the local laws for anything that you might get tripped up on.

wgiles, you are correct and that member of the production team should always be the person with the tag. There can not be any passing of the buck in these situations . The tag holder is the person responsible ,not some secretary back at the office or some outfitter or guide. Seems old Ted screwed up ,he needs to own it and move on.

Nugent is a liar. He was turned in by a very accomplished hunter, who is a republican. So no Obama conspiracy. He'd been under investigation since it aired too, so it was coincidence that it came out when he made his remarks at the nra convention.

This wasn't Ted's first visit from an AK trooper regarding a wounded bear... He knew the law. I'll leave it at that. All the "fine print" is BS too. It's in bold, and highlighted in a yellow box in the regs. All the regs in AK are straight forward, and you can learn all you need to know in 5 minutes of reading for any particular hunt.

If that was the actual bear shot that the charges were brought up on it did appear to be a "good hit",,,too bad he couldnt find it,,,,of course its posible that wasnt the same bear but some other footage as uncle teds gotten plenty of bears,,,,,hard to tell for sure whos rite or not.

Im pretty certain I new about that law years ago and I have never even hunted in alaska.I think I saw a sshow years ago that a guy wounded an animal and had to quite hunting onthat tag I cant remember the show though.

I don't think that that is the "grazing shot" in question. That looked pretty solid.

Seems pretty simple to me, if you are going hunting it is YOUR responsibility to do YOUR due diligence. I'm sure Ted wouldn't disagree with exercising a little personal responsibility. On top of that if you have the resources to make a hunting show, production staff, hired guides, etc. etc. it should be even easier because you have resources that can help you do that research.

It's becoming more and more clear that Ted is becoming a poor representative of hunters. He does a lot of good things for young, veteran, disabled hunters, but to me he needs to focus more on those efforts instead of repeatedly skirting the laws and getting caught.

After taking a good hard look at that video. I honestly can not see how that was not a good shot on that bear and that bear did not die. The arrow completely disappears into the bear. If anyone see's it differently or has a different outlook let me know. However, I would have to say that the animal probably perished.

I would agree with you. That was a killing shot if the clip on the link I posted is in fact the shot in question.

I am not being hard on Ted for screwing up the bear and pulling a bonehead mistake on the regs but the way he is trying to spin it like he is the victim of some conspiracy on GBTV is downright pathetic.

If you screw up step forward and take responsibility for crying out loud.

I have no idea what squidbillies is. I do know that even though Ted is wealthy, he is a major philanthropist who donates money and time to veterans, seriously ill children, and inner city youth. He operates a camp for underprivileged children that exposes them to the joys of hunting and fishing, and he is a major supporter and sponsor of the Archery in the Schools program and the NSSF. Is he outspoken? Absolutely. Can he be antagonistic to some people? Without a doubt. Would he purposely air a program that proved a game law violation? Not on your life!!! Do any of his detractors ever mention all of the good that he does with his money, knowledge, and time! Never!!!!!!!!

Fall hunt seasons can't get here fast enough.

deadhorse.gif

Not all of us have time to beat that horse so instead we are on here talking to people. LOL

what hog wash,the motorcity madman is human,just like me and all of you,he offfered to pay his fine,take his lumps,and even not cost the taxpayers more money bi keeping this lawsuite in court for the next 10 years,but no ,he paid his fine,admitted he was wrong,and moved on and so should we.
and he has done more good than bad,in his life,and what he has done with all them kids is for a better word rewarding.:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back