NRA, YEH or NEY ?

Wow, really? The 2nd amendment is that strong, politicians will never be able to twist or pervert it’s meaning and all are guns are safe.
Will somebody please tell me how the so called “assault weapons ban” became law. Specifically outlawing many firearms designed for target shooting and hunting? Hmm? How did that happen? And how about the “Brady Bill”? How did that one become law if the second amendment protects our right to keep and bare arms? Hmm? I guess it’s OK to have a waiting period before exercising our rights? Can you imagine a fifteen day waiting period before having the right to free speech? How about you get arrested for a crime you did not commit, and the police question you for fifteen days before you’re allowed to see a lawyer? Would that be OK?
My offer still stands Jose just send me your true name and address and I’ll buy you a one year gift member ship to the NRA.

A-con,

The second is very secure...I have an entire gun cabinent and a half to prove it.

Tomorrow, if I choose, I could fill up another gun cabinent with more proof...rifles, pistols, shotguns...whatever I feel like buying. Same thing the day after that.

My second amendment rights are just as secure today as they were the day I was born.

Go sell crazy to your paranoid NRA fruit-loop buddies.

I think I'll head to the range...I hope Hillary doesnt have the jack-booted thugs pull me over for possession of a firearm while I'm enroute...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As usual Buzz, you tossed out your own brand of paranoia, without addressing the questions.

Will somebody please tell me how the so called “assault weapons ban” became law. Specifically outlawing many firearms designed for target shooting and hunting?

And how about the “Brady Bill”? I guess it’s OK to have a waiting period before exercising our rights?
Can you imagine a fifteen day waiting period before having the right to free speech?
How about you get arrested for a crime you did not commit, and the police question you for fifteen days before you’re allowed to see a lawyer?
Would that be OK?

By the way, the second is a nation wide amendment isn’t it? Can you come to California and buy any gun you want? How about New York? Well I guess as long as your rights are protected in Wyoming, don’t worry about the rest of the country.

A-con,

You're going to tell me that if I were a resident of California I couldnt buy a firearm? Same with New York?

Funny, I seem to recall you own a firearm or two...did you break the law to get them?

Your questions make no sense...thusly, they deserve no answer.

any gun you want?

Read slowly Buzz, do you see the word "ANY"
There are quite a few guns that are legal in most states that have been outlawed in Calif., N.Y.and a few other states.
If the second amendment were anywhere near as strong and safe as you claim it is, district courts like the 9th would be forced to uphold it.
Do you understand the point.
The firearm rights you enjoy are due to your state legislature, not the second amendment.

I am an Endowment member of the NRA, I think they are the only reason guns haven't been banned so far. I might be nieve tho. As for when they call for money...hangup!
I'm with Moosie, anti pantie, in fact I ain wearin any now.

A-con,

What firearms cant you possess in California or New York with the proper permits?

Yeah, thats what I thought.

Since I need a drivers license to drive...there must be a conspiracy to keep me from driving?

A-con,

with the proper permits?

So now I need the right papers ?

Well blow me down Buzz, your just a regular constitutional scholar aren’t you.
How about the fifteen day waiting period thing, do you think it’s OK to apply a waiting period to constitutional rights ?

“SIR, YOUR RIGHT TO LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PUSUIT OF HAPPNESS DOES NOT BEGAIN FOR FIFTEEN DAYS. WE ARE GOING TO LOCK YOU UP, KILL YOU AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT HAPPY, BUT IN TWO WEEKS YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT.

Since I need a drivers license to drive...there must be a conspiracy to keep me from driving?

Buzz,
Which amendment says your right to drive shall not be infringed? I hope you are equating the privilege to drive to the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. That quote could comes directly from anti gun zealots.

Which part of the Second Amendment allows for licenses to be required? What if you needed a license to exercise free speech or gather in public?

Try a different example.

Nemont

A-con,

An inconvience is not taking away your second amendment rights. Get the permits...you can have any firearm you choose. A waiting period does not take away your second amendment rights...thats a FACT.

Like I said, the second is just as secure now as its ever been.

Nemont,

A waiting period or having to possess a permit is not infringing on your second amendment rights. You can still have any firearm you want.

A-con- There are limits on free speech also. In some cases you even need to have permits. In some cases the state or federal government can stop free speech. In some cases they limit or stop the flow of information and free speech...Doesn't mean there's not free speech...Many cases every year go before the Supreme Court dealing with free speech. How many cases have ever been heard by the Supreme court dealing with the second amendment? Also, you may want to go back and check the history of the NRA. I believe the NRA actually backed bills that put gun restrictions in place. I'll give you a hint 1964.

Nemont- In a town of 200 they may not require permits to gather but try putting an assembly of a few thousand together without proper permits...You would be ordered to disburse. There are also limits to free speech...most notably, yell fire in a crowded building...You gave a great example, free speech and assembly.

Nemont,

A waiting period or having to possess a permit is not infringing on your second amendment rights. You can still have any firearm you want.

Define infringe. What if I wanted to buy a piston today to give to my dad for his birthday tomorrow? I can't because I have to wait.

Matt,

You are indeed free to yell fire in a crowded theather but you must face the conquences. That is not protected speech, meaning that the government can prosecute you for your speech. .

The first amendment states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Infringe: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another.

having to wait for even a minute technically infringes on my rights to bear arms. What if I needed the gun today, right now.

Nemont

Thanks for jumping in there Matt. I don’t see anything you have said that contradicts what I am saying, do you?

So Buzz, are you telling me that I can go down and buy a T/C Encore? A single action Colt style revolver? Series 70, 1911 or any, exposed hammer firearm that does not have a cross bar safety. How about a “pre ban style AR 15? AKM ?
WRONG (or should I say “wrong again, Buzz”)
I don’t have the list in front of me, but you can buy all of these in Wyoming, but not Calif. The list includes several hundred firearms that are still legal to own, but not buy or sell in California, and dozens more that are not legal to own with out the proper government permission. And if you “have all your papers in order” you can’t take them “afield”, only to and from a properly licensed range.
If someone from the state of Wyoming has the right to buy one of these, why shouldn’t someone from California ?

Nemont- The part of the second amendment that you are focusing on is "shall not be infringed". By having a waiting period your right to KEEP or BEAR arms is not infringed...Doesn't say anything about buying. No law keeps you from keeping or bearing arms...Although public safety becomes an issue on airplanes, court rooms etc.

Nemont,

Your lack of planning ahead of time is still not an infringment. You can buy your Dad 200 pistols for his birthday if you want.

To me its real simple...there is nothing stopping any citizen of the U.S. that has not been convicted of a felony from possessing any firearm they want.

Thusly, the Second is doing its job...allowing law-abidding citizens to own any firearms they choose.

There may be inconviences, but thats a far cry from infringment.

To me its real simple...there is nothing stopping any citizen of the U.S. that has not been convicted of a felony from possessing any firearm they want.

You say that and yet you repeatedly avoid examples to the contrary.

Back