NRA On The Hot Seat - Exposed or Attacked?

Actually, my view comes from being born and raised in Oregon, living in Montana for 20 years, and working in several other states along the way.

Respectfully, I reject the notion that “you cannot have healthy constructive conversation” with anybody. It might be incredibly difficult but it’s only impossible when we throw up our hands and stop trying (which seems to be what everyone wants to do these days). If the NRA had been engaging elected officials in that type of dialogue all along and building relationships with people on both sides of the aisle where agreement could be found and leveraged, we would likely be in a much more favorable position now. Interestingly, according to Pew, there are more gun owners that identify as Independents or Democrats than Republicans, so alienating everyone who isn’t a hard-core Republican (which has pretty much been the NRA strategy as long as I can remember) is just plain stupid. I stand by the idea that there has to be a dialogue, though it may be too little too late now.

I respect your opinions but twenty years ago it was a different animal , today conversation is tell me what I want to hear or I unfriend you on Facebook , cut off your Twitter or remove you from you tube. In the past there was dialogue but just look at the impeachment vote, not one Democrat voted against the impeachment. I’m sorry but we have censorship and complete loathing of anyone you does not have the liberal agenda. I will always try to engage in conversation and I will listen to you but here in the East it’s my way or Shut up your an idiot! I’ve explained to you and any one who is reading this , these guys we elected don’t care ! They have their own agenda , the press is on there side and most of the country did not vote for them . It’s a urban vote with most of the population , most of the governmental needs ! What does Alexandria Ocasio Cortez know about the People of North Dakota ? She doesn’t care either, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shumer could care less about rural Americans ! I was at a fund raiser for Arlen Specter in Philadelphia and one of the big check writers said Pennsylvania is Philadelphia and Pittsburg with Arkansas in between! Republican is a dirty word , Trump supporters are the undesirables and the mob but they didn’t burn down cities ! Believe what you want and I applaud you ! You will not only have no dialogue you won’t even have a voice! I’m sorry for all of us ! I wish you well

Interesting read. People figuring out where to send their contribution shows that the NRA's power is more about money than message, despite most Americans supporting the second amendment. I think it also shows that many people just give their money to an organization and expect it to do all the work of protecting his/her interests. Maybe a little too much laziness on the part of the gun owners, but it fits the general trend. Many a hand typed message to your congressional representative when a big vote comes up will be worth something again.

In today's culture we tend to hear the view points of the 5% on each of the extreme sides and not from the, dare I say, silent majority. So yeah that can bend and break points of view. My issue is not so much that the NRA is alienating Democrat gun owners as much as I take issue that Wayne LaPierre appears to be not taking care of the finances of the NRA house in an appropriate manner.

I made a conscious decision to stop giving via the United Way when United Way executives started getting paid millions. I may not renew my NRA membership or just join year to year, I do enjoy American Hunter, and also join another gun rights organization/s (GOA is getting my attention).

With 7 million new firearms owners this year, I don't see the feds or local law enforcement knocking on my door to seize my firearms and that includes handguns and AR style rifles in addition to my good ole bolt action hunting rifles.

As far as political agendas go sure the far left may have it's sights on tearing apart the 2nd Amendment but all those moderate Democrats that were elected in more Republican stronghold type of areas, know it would be political suicide to vote for such extreme measures.

I survived the assault weapons ban of the Clinton administration, I am pretty sure I will survive Biden's administration with all my firearms still intact and in my safes.

Last edited:
In today's culture we tend to hear the view points of the 5% on each of the extreme sides and not from the, dare I say, silent majority. So yeah that can bend and break points of view. My issue is not so much that the NRA is alienating Democrat gun owners as much as I take issue that Wayne LaPierre appears to be not taking care of the finances of the NRA house in an appropriate manner.

I made a conscious decision to stop giving via the United Way when United Way executives started getting paid millions. I will may not renew my NRA membership or just join year to year, I do enjoy American Hunter, and also join another gun rights organization (GOA is getting my attention).

With 7 million new firearms owners this year, I don't see the feds or local law enforcement knocking on my door to seize my firearms and that includes handguns and AR style rifles in addition to my good ole bolt action hunting rifles.

As far as political agendas go sure the far left may have it's sites on tearing apart the 2nd Amendment but all those moderate Democrats that were elected in more Republican stronghold type of areas, know it would be political suicide to vote for such extreme measures.

I survived the assault weapons ban of the Clinton administration, I am pretty sure I will survive Biden's administration with all my firearms still intact and in my safes.
Well said.

The NRA has supported most gun control that is in effect.

We should be repealing the NFA and the DOJ should be prosecuting people that violate the constitution in regards to gun (and all other) rights.

Instead the NRA tells us we must vote for “take the guns now, due process later” Trump, while his ATF-which shouldn’t even exist- keeps on making arbitrary rules about stupid things like pistol braces.

The NRA obnoxiously acts like this big, tough, no compromise, F the commie libs organization, but reality seems to be a bit different.
If the NRA actually didn’t give an inch that would be fine. I won’t support any organization that will. The NRA is all talk and their talk is obnoxious. Their messaging is terrible.

I bet LaPierre bought some dope ties with our money though.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. To me the only thing worse than taking guns is taking the money of concerned citizens to “ save our gun rights “ and buying yourself something with it.

Obviously you have an ax to grind with one’s political affiliation vs. pragmatic discussions about 2A, as usual.
As usual? Please expand. I’m a Big fan of
Pragmatism. Not seeing a lot of it with phrases like “survived the assault weapons ban”...

As usual? Please expand. I’m a Big fan of
Pragmatism. Not seeing a lot of it with phrases like “survived the assault weapons ban”...
So a big fan of pragmatism but not so much mild sarcasm. Okay, point noted.

Ever carried a handgun in Yellowstone?
No but thanks to the close proximity to Washington DC and Baltimore city I can’t carry a handgun in Baltimore or any place in Maryland. Maryland makes it impossible or next to impossible to get a carry permit. Still with all these laws Baltimore has over 300 murders a year . Google the Baltimore lean and you tell me what’s going on with 50 years of liberal government. I see I’m getting labeled as a extreme right winger which is as far from the truth as it can get. I’m just an average guy who doesn’t want anyone pissing down my back and tell me it’s raining.

I made a conscious decision to stop giving via the United Way when United Way executives started getting paid millions. I may not renew my NRA membership or just join year to year, I do enjoy American Hunter, and also join another gun rights organization/s (GOA is getting my attention).

As far as political agendas go sure the far left may have it's sights on tearing apart the 2nd Amendment but all those moderate Democrats that were elected in more Republican stronghold type of areas, know it would be political suicide to vote for such extreme measures.

For all our sakes I hope you do .

I believe it was in 1995 that I received a letter (wanting money of course) from the NRA, describing Federal Law Enforcement Officers as "jack booted thugs". That ended my affiliation with that outfit !!
I left the NRA when they were sending me letter after letter for money and a voting agenda that was pro gun and nothing else. I rejoined before this mess came out . I will not rejoin unless the current administration leaves. Likei said I’m no lover of the NRA but we do need to have someone to protect our 2 nd amendment rights I Washington and state capitals.

GREED!!!!!!! I have a hard time believing Wayne, Wilson & Josh are that dumb.

Truth is truth, where did Obama expand gun rights? Joe Biden has said he is going after the NRA , he has said “ your damn right I’m going after your guns “ see I live here in eastern Md . I work in Delaware , Joe was a client of mine , I’m one of the people that got paid. He was my parents attorney back in 1970, I’m in his neighborhood all the time . Look lord knows I hope your right but I know your dead wrong. He has a anti gun agenda I heard it from his own mouth at a fund raiser . I’m not feeling good about this Congress , Senate or administration ! I’m not at all supporting the NRA , they have let all their members down and are ingrossed in scandal . This is the worse time for this to happen. Remember the Constitution has 2A not for the right to hunt but for the right to defend ourselves from tyranny both foreign and domestic . Though I don’t own one it is there for the high capacity clips and black guns. I hope your right because I want to be wrong.
When Obama took office, you cold not carry a gun into a National Park, when he left office, you could. Small change? Yep, but expanded.

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I was simply giving an example of gun rights expanded under the Obama administration, such as allowing firearms in national parks.
I wasn’t referring so much to you but others who posted on me. Yes I get you can carry in some national parks but Romberg he raised the taxes on ammunition .a gun isn’t worth much if you can’t afford the ammo. I bought 100 rounds of REM 204 at the local gun shop for $12.98 per box of twenty after Obama raise the tax $24.98

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back