Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Nothing but opinionated BS

I mean I'm sure folks with think it's a hot take, but I think you have to consider that at lot of Californians are the kid that paid the 15 cents and a nail and the shell of a great, great, great grandfather snail and heard out the once-ler...

That's Bakersfield? I used to drive through BF, never saw anything of the sort though it's large enough - Imagine I never passed the royal BFB (Bum F Bakers...) Then again, it's been 25+ years.
35.450180864887784, -118.98792348042672

What is the point of having that many pumps so close together?
Probably just the characteristics of the reservoir... my guess is it's kinda tar like with low pressure. OG companies own the surface and minerals 100% outright so they can do whatever they want. Most places it's some rancher with a lease, but in CA Chevron et al. own everything.

CASIGoilmcd_mogel_620x300.jpg

Signal Hill CA

Wow! That looks pretty, eh, apocalyptic!

I'm sure you have watched Their will be blood... early OG was nuts.

Midway and Lakeview wells out of Bakersfield... those are ponds of oil around them.

Lakeview did 48,000 barrels a day until they could get it under control... produced 9 million barrels in about 18 months of that only like 50% was recovered the rest just kinda got baked into the dirt.
1659046282569.png1659046366999.png

Here is the sump of the Lakeview well... just a big lake of oil on the surface.
1659046480311.png

Did a remodel of a surf shop in Buggersfield one summer. It was hell on earth. And that was in the pricey side of town. Oildale is a fine suburb...Taft.
Reminds me of Hobbs & Artesia in NM. Farmington is close.
Albacrackie wanna be's and bangers would not last 5 min in Bakersfield or Fresno.

Iowans are very hatable people.

They’re like that guy that somehow shows up to the party, eats all the good, drinks all the beer, talks loudly about themselves, and has no idea everyone despises them. They ruin everything
Are you asking me to get a cup of coffee with you on my way through Nebraska in September?

Are you asking me to get a cup of coffee with you on my way through Nebraska in September?

HMU when you come by. If I’m not chasing elk I’ll try to get you to repent and change your heathen ioweigan ways over a cup of coffee. 🤣

@Ben Lamb i can’t find it to quote but you said Michigan and Minnesota do not share a border. So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Michigan and Minnesota share a border in Lake Superior and most folks access Isle Royal ( minnesota) from the keeweenaw peninsula (Michigan)

@Ben Lamb i can’t find it to quote but you said Michigan and Minnesota do not share a border. So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Michigan and Minnesota share a border in Lake Superior and most folks access Isle Royal ( minnesota) from the keeweenaw peninsula (Michigan)
Maritime borders aren't real.

*I stand corrected. ;)

Back