Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Nothing but opinionated BS

Your assessment is right On !

I've hunted and fished all through N.E. If you ever want to see some cool stuff in N.E. Get a Rev War historical map of the old forts.

PSS. You didn't visit NH, VT, or ME... or Cape Cod so your comments are moot. Like saying you visited CO and didn't leave Aurora, or MT and only went to Billings.
In looking at a bit a topography across a open field near a hill top, it was impossible to determine what direction the nearest creek flowed. You literally had to drive over a bridge and look down. If that ain't the definition of hell I don't know what is.

Having made a long road trip down the east coast, here is my "opinionated BS" about New England.

It starts off absolutely beautiful and shall I dare to say "one of the most beautiful" in our nation. My trip happened in October and so those rolling "hills" and bottoms were just stunning.

From there, its starts to drop off quickly. And I mean QUICKLY. By the time you hit MA, its hellhole suburbia. By NYC, all beauty is absolutely sucked out of the land.

From NYC south, its hell until after DC in which it once again quickly reverses back around and by the time you hit Richmond, you no longer wish to kill yourself.

Pre 1800 UP house.

View attachment 231569

Many of these still around for sale?
on a serious note, which i'm loath to do, the humidity appears to be hell on structures. You should see it on everything, any wood appeared to have quite a bit of swell and warping. My house in WA needs to be painted ~10-15 years. Looked like every 3-5 years back there. All my trim still fits, I bet it needs to be replaced every decade or so back there unless you run a humidifier.

There was a series of buttons on the dash for all kinds of things that appeared to deal with the transmission and engine. We randomly tried turning them all on or off and couldn't really ever notice a difference.

This is the adult version of all those stupid baby toys with ump-teen buttons that just make noisy-noises and flashy-flashes, and do little else but annoy the adults. Were you not paying attention when you were 2? Those buttons are just there to kill the clock, sucked you right in man... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I enjoyed the writeup!

Like so many things in life, different things appeal to different people. I love to hunt CO but having lived in the Ozarks for almost 17 years, I'm always glad to be home. I'd also agree with whoever it was that said that to get a sense of the place, your going to have to get off the 4 lane.

If we all liked the same place, that place would be ruined shortly......

Also you're incorrect Midland is the #1 shithole, key to Chitown is parking that puppy outside taking the train in and eating and drinking your face off on foot.
@neffa3, great review, but agree with our Masshole here. Chicago is an awesome town. Chicago traffic is the absolute worse, although someone near LA might say “Hold my beer…”.

South Dakota has those shelter strips because the farmers lease out to pheasant hunters, or so I was told. MT ranchers probably made the same drive and took some notes.

@neffa3, great review, but agree with our Masshole here. Chicago is an awesome town. Chicago traffic is the absolute worse, although someone near LA might say “Hold my beer…”.

South Dakota has those shelter strips because the farmers lease out to pheasant hunters, or so I was told. MT ranchers probably made the same drive and took some notes.
I'd like to point out that I'm not calling Chicago the WORSE town, it was terrible, but Gary IN is the worst town ever. However, what Midland are we talking about? Googs says there's several.

Glad you had a safe trip, neffa- thank you for the nice words about Wisconsin, glad you enjoyed the trip through! I legitimately would have been bummed if you had said anything other than the people were nice here, it is a source of pride that is mostly still intact.

I agree with Ben Lamb regarding the UP (and would include Northern WI in as well), beautiful area and loaded with fun hunting and fishing opportunities.

Wllm, you would be shocked at how cheap a decent home and/or chunk of land would be in Northern WI/UP of Michigan. Very affordable, even now.

If I was standing on the 100th meridian, this is my motto....

1658944708742.png
Cantner_100thMeridianMap.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back