Caribou Gear

Not the elk too!

@noharleyyet - WTF indeed. I read the article below earlier this week but did not have the desire to open another can of poo stew on HT.

I think the City did the right thing to remove the statue lest it fall on someone. There is hope it will be restored after this calms down. This article says they draw a line between protest and destruction of public property and are investigating.
Hopefully, they will be successful.

I wonder what the elk in Oregon are thinking?

I think the elk are more worried about me and my archery tag when I set foot in the Roosevelt kingdom this September !!!!!

But on a more serious note i live just 40 minutes from the city I’ve driven past that statue over the last 30 some years multiple times , always thought it was cool , I think the reason they burned it because it was right close to the justice center And Federal building Where the Portland police main headquarters is and it was next to the park basically right across the street and so that it happened to be where the battle lines were drawn with antifa and so when they couldn’t burn down the police headquarters , it became collateral damage I assume when they didn’t have a statue of some dude to tear down , pretty sad , it was a cool thing , it was huge , I’m kind of disgusted, If that statue didn’t happen to be right there in the middle of everything and on the other side of the city , I’m guessing it probably wouldn’t have been touched but I’m going out on a limb with that assumption but who knows with the craziness these days

Last edited:
I've had enough of these ignoramuses. Why actually build and contribute to your society and country when its so much easier to tear down what came before you. Lived in Vancouver, Wa. for 15 years and had to stop going to downtown Portland; or bumtown as I call it. Insanity. Could all this be related to our universities? Hmmmm? Just read an interesting article by the Dilbert creator. He warns that Republicans will be fair game for extermination if Biden wins. That's the answer to the Q I asked in a different thread. What do they do when all the statues and monuments are erased? They start shooting the Conservatives. A comeuppance is acomin I hope. Arrests are actively being made by the Feds. I just want good ole American normal to return. We cant go on like this much longer.

I have no dog in this fight so this is just a curious question? Is it not some kind of punishable crime to set stuff that is public property on fire regardless of the situation? I mean I see it happening all over and it’s like no one does anything about it. Just from a distant view I have a hard time seeing how burning things falls under peaceful protest laws. 🤔

I have no dog in this fight so this is just a curious question? Is it not some kind of punishable crime to set stuff that is public property on fire regardless of the situation? I mean I see it happening all over and it’s like no one does anything about it. Just from a distant view I have a hard time seeing how burning things falls under peaceful protest laws. 🤔
It's all in the movement. mtmuley

It's all in the movement. mtmuley
It seems that maybe those who do this kind of thing have not had to work very much, pay for, or build anything themselves or else they would know the value of things and not participate in a movement that is destructive. Even if I agreed with the movement I’d still be against destruction of property.

My boys and I used to love seeing that elk in the middle of the city. Not anymore. I won’t take my kids into downtown period. All I know is my wife has worked in downtown Portland for the last 19 years and that place has turned into a total shithole. She routinely has to dodge everything from human feces to needles as she walks from her car to her building. Years of piss poor leadership has left the city ripe for these types of illegal actions. It’s been happening every night here literally for weeks.

I've had enough of these ignoramuses. Why actually build and contribute to your society and country when its so much easier to tear down what came before you. Lived in Vancouver, Wa. for 15 years and had to stop going to downtown Portland; or bumtown as I call it. Insanity. Could all this be related to our universities? Hmmmm? Just read an interesting article by the Dilbert creator. He warns that Republicans will be fair game for extermination if Biden wins. That's the answer to the Q I asked in a different thread. What do they do when all the statues and monuments are erased? They start shooting the Conservatives. A comeuppance is acomin I hope. Arrests are actively being made by the Feds. I just want good ole American normal to return. We cant go on like this much longer.
Stop it. Just stop man.

My boys and I used to love seeing that elk in the middle of the city. Not anymore. I won’t take my kids into downtown period. All I know is my wife has worked in downtown Portland for the last 19 years and that place has turned into a total shithole. She routinely has to dodge everything from human feces to needles as she walks from her car to her building. Years of piss poor leadership has left the city ripe for these types of illegal actions. It’s been happening every night here literally for weeks.

I pray she and yours stay safe Asher. It’s a different perspective when you actually have to live with it.

Back