Not on Your Bucket List

If trumpeter swan ever gets legalized here in MN, I'd have no desire to kill one.

I have zero desire to go to Africa and shoot animals I have no cultural context with.

I used to coyote hunt a lot, I don't anymore. Just don't see the point, and I like letting them walk because I know some redneck in a Z71 would be furious if they knew I didn't shoot it, and I think that's kinda funny.
Just a side note observation, but the trumpeter population has really exploded around here the last couple years.

i don't have that disclaimer.

i really hate the idea of killing stuff for the sake of killing stuff.
We kill mice and roaches without a second thought sometimes animals have to be managed. With modern agricultural practices and the crash of the fur market some animals like coons and opossums need control but I'm not eating them. I catch at least 20 coons a year I have a neighbor who takes 2-3 to eat the rest get skinned and thrown away. I can't say I love the idea of tossing them but ignoring the management of a animal at the detriment of others (specifically turkey around here) isn't my idea of sound management. Just because I won't eat a animal dosen't mean it dosen't need managed.

I don’t really care to hunt sheep or goats. Too much work to get to where they live and then get them out.

Moose is the other big one. I had it a few times when I lived in AK, and it never tasted like anything spectacular to me. Also they’re huge, so the pack out is going to suck, and the antlers don’t look that cool IMO. All adding up to zero reason I’d actually want to kill one.

To each their own. I typically trap coyotes vs hunt them. More effective. They are responsible for eating a lot of fawns in the spring/summer.

that's all i'm saying. i don't have that disclaimer. if i'm not eating it i'm not shooting it.

though, i do think a lot of people come up with lame excuses like predator management when in reality they just like to blow holes in animals and they'll justify it anyway they can to keep blowing holes animals.

though, i do think a lot of people come up with lame excuses like predator management when in reality they just like to blow holes in animals and they'll justify it anyway they can to keep blowing holes animals.
You're not wrong feel like I see it a bunch with coyote hunting. I can tell you from experience that's not what it's about for most trappers way to much work involved.

You're not wrong feel like I see it a bunch with coyote hunting. I can tell you from experience that's not what it's about for most trappers way to much work involved.

no and i'm not accusing anybody of anything.

but for similar reasons trapping isn't for me. i'll just never do it. but i'll never be against others doing it.

that's all i'm saying. i don't have that disclaimer. if i'm not eating it i'm not shooting it.

So I take it you aren’t gonna sled some yotes with RJ

Predators. I'm not against others hunting them, but I don't have the interest. I think of it as a different type of hunting that I know nothing about and teaching myself sounds hard.

Back