Northern pike

Thumper

Aksai, Kazakhstan via Covington Louisiana
I love to get out in fresh or salt water when I get the chance!
Here is a 43" northern from an UNNAMED lake in Northern Alberta!

I got so tired of fishing because everytime it hit the water BANG! It was gone. I wish I could have counted the pike we caught and released that week! I also caught "No Joke" a rod and reel combo someone had lost! Nice Abu garcia reel that only needed a little cleaning up!
It was a nice add on to a bear camp!
pikemount1.jpg

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

[This message has been edited by Thumper (edited 02-04-2001).]

CORRECT!!! on the U.P. survival kit!

If you've never fished King Salmon before you'd really like that! I'd even buy you lunch on Mackinac Island!

The nice thing about it is that hunting season is closed when the action gets hot...... its the middle of July!

Nice Pike Thumper!!

Yeah that's a UP'er suvival kit alright.

Yoop, that July salmon fishing sounds pretty good as I look out the window at 6" of fresh snow.....
smile.gif

Nice Pike!

That rod and reel you found reminded me of a Scouting trip into Ontario years ago. Twenty of us (adults and scouts) were in 10 canoes for ten days on the French and Indian Rivers. We camped on government lands and had a blast! Saw bears, rattlesnakes and lots of fish!

I was fishing with my friend Chris on the first evening, on "Moosehorn Bay" when his line went tight. He had borrowed his dad's brand-new rod and reel combo. It was his first time fishing with it.

The line went tight and it was a powerful struggle. Then we realized he had snagged a beaver, which was swimming for shore as fast as it could. I hollared to him to cut the line, but Chris was frantic, and did not respond. Soon the rod and reel, a nice expensive combo, flew out of his hands into the water. We lost sight of the beaver too.

For ten days Chris was one miserable camper! All he could think of was his dad's disapproval upon his return!

------------------
There is no conflict between a love for God, a love of guns and a love of freedom. -Rev.

Back