North Idaho diehard looking for Archery partner- Elk 2021

@Grepgaston i assure you that these guys are just busting your balls cause ur new and thats what happens round these parts. I can also assure you that the guys busting your balls aren't driving around shooting from trucks and drinking beers. A quick search of some of the hunting stories they tell on here will have you drooling wishing they would take up your offer.

Hi All- I’m looking for a serious archer to join me for September in the mountains of North Idaho. I’m looking for a very serious experienced woods wise fella who is ready to bow hike up to 100s of miles, pack 100lb packs uphill for 2500 vertical feet, sleep on the ground if necessary, and work their tail off to chase Bugling Bulls wherever they are! Knowing your way around Calls/diaphragms/Bugle tubes is a must. I’m not a pro caller but ok enough. We will alternate days as shooter and caller. I’m being as forthright as I can as I’m looking for a partner so that we BOTH may be safer, increase our calling odds, share comradery,and help each other seal the deal so we can pack meat for miles and miles! I Do Not Drink, Smoke, or do Dope. I’ve already invested 45days into new Elk areas Spring bear hunting and plan on another 15 plus scouting days before season. My schedule is Aug 13-18, 20-25, 27-29 scouting. Then Hunt Aug 30- Sept 6th, to town to resupply and make 2 phone calls the morning of 7th, back to mountain by afternoon same day, then on the hill until the 22nd. Gotta be home for 23rd, then back on 24th to close out Sept. in the woods. IF I/we kill early I/we can hunt deer. I purchased my tags already BUT am waiting to commit to the Panhandle in case the woods get shut down by fire. If so, I’m ready to go explore elsewhere in another Elk zone but will be going in blind. Regardless, IF you’re a serious bow guy whose not afraid to work Super hard, then the company and teamwork would be great!! My idea of a good time is hiking thousands of vertical feet over miles of steep nasty brush infested terrain looking for the enigmatic Bull Elk. Trophy antlers are and would be awesome, BUT I can’t eat horns so I will kill opportunistically. I prefer a good clear shot, clean kill, and the right experience over anything else. Shoot me a response if you’re down to lose 20lbs, walk endless miles, climb some “cliffs”, possibly torture yourself, and you view all of this as your favorite thing you’ll do all year! It’s only 34 days til Elk killing time!
Thanks but I don’t think I’m your guy . I love the hunt and all that goes with it but not gonna forget how great nature is and how to truly enjoy it, hope your find your match too intense for me

I agree. I ain’t nearly as diehard as that dude and still struggle with hunting partners that want to summit gnarly peaks and see the back side of the moon. Lol if I was hunting in ID, I’d offer to roll! As long as drinking and smoking don’t disqualify me from tryouts 😂

Hi All- I’m looking for a serious archer to join me for September in the mountains of North Idaho. I’m looking for a very serious experienced woods wise fella who is ready to bow hike up to 100s of miles, pack 100lb packs uphill for 2500 vertical feet, sleep on the ground if necessary, and work their tail off to chase Bugling Bulls wherever they are! Knowing your way around Calls/diaphragms/Bugle tubes is a must. I’m not a pro caller but ok enough. We will alternate days as shooter and caller. I’m being as forthright as I can as I’m looking for a partner so that we BOTH may be safer, increase our calling odds, share comradery,and help each other seal the deal so we can pack meat for miles and miles! I Do Not Drink, Smoke, or do Dope. I’ve already invested 45days into new Elk areas Spring bear hunting and plan on another 15 plus scouting days before season. My schedule is Aug 13-18, 20-25, 27-29 scouting. Then Hunt Aug 30- Sept 6th, to town to resupply and make 2 phone calls the morning of 7th, back to mountain by afternoon same day, then on the hill until the 22nd. Gotta be home for 23rd, then back on 24th to close out Sept. in the woods. IF I/we kill early I/we can hunt deer. I purchased my tags already BUT am waiting to commit to the Panhandle in case the woods get shut down by fire. If so, I’m ready to go explore elsewhere in another Elk zone but will be going in blind. Regardless, IF you’re a serious bow guy whose not afraid to work Super hard, then the company and teamwork would be great!! My idea of a good time is hiking thousands of vertical feet over miles of steep nasty brush infested terrain looking for the enigmatic Bull Elk. Trophy antlers are and would be awesome, BUT I can’t eat horns so I will kill opportunistically. I prefer a good clear shot, clean kill, and the right experience over anything else. Shoot me a response if you’re down to lose 20lbs, walk endless miles, climb some “cliffs”, possibly torture yourself, and you view all of this as your favorite thing you’ll do all year! It’s only 34 days til Elk killing time!
Been there too, man. Thought I had great criteria on eHarmony, but it came back zero matches…had to accept “flex matches” to get a date.

Hit me up when you get desperate:
-Definitely not a serious hunter
-Hunt neither smart nor hard
-Can’t call
-Not really any experience to speak of
-100 lb pack no thanks

Other than a few minor differences, we are basically spirit brothers. I’ll post a pic of a squirrel on my tailgate to illustrate my September skills.

Been there too, man. Thought I had great criteria on eHarmony, but it came back zero matches…had to accept “flex matches” to get a date.

Hit me up when you get desperate:
-Definitely not a serious hunter
-Hunt neither smart nor hard
-Can’t call
-Not really any experience to speak of
-100 lb pack no thanks

Other than a few minor differences, we are basically spirit brothers. I’ll post a pic of a squirrel on my tailgate to illustrate my September skills.
Incredible retirement advice though! 👏🏼 Spend some time, he’ll learn ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back