Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

North Dakota elk

I have seen a few elk in E4 when I was out working in that area between 2011-2016, but the majority of the elk I saw while I was out there was a little north and east in E2, I always had elk sightings while driving around in the "Kildeer Mountains"

If I remember right, E4 has a ton of public land with the grasslands, and the Little Missouru River flows through a lot of the area. It should be a good hunt.

Brother in law found out today he drew the once in a lifetime elk tag in North Dakota for E4. Any of you ever hunted that area? Going to be a fun fall and haven’t even got to Montana’s draw yet
It’s the best elk unit in ND . Lots of public land . With little scouting and boots on ground he will get a great bull

Tough hunt when my buddy drew it. Some giants always get shot but it isn’t a slam dunk.

Brother in law found out today he drew the once in a lifetime elk tag in North Dakota for E4. Any of you ever hunted that area? Going to be a fun fall and haven’t even got to Montana’s draw yet
I will be joining him in that unit. Although we only have it for 3 days to ourselves. :D

Congrats to him what an awesome Monday it was! My brother drew a damn any moose tag in M6 as well. Crazy day for our family!

I will be joining him in that unit. Although we only have it for 3 days to ourselves. :D

Congrats to him what an awesome Monday it was! My brother drew a damn any moose tag in M6 as well. Crazy day for our family!
I’ll be over there first few days helping him as long as I don’t draw any great tags here in Montana. I’ll shoot you a PM with my number if you need help packing one out.

Congratulations! Are you chasing bulls or cows?

My wife & I each had out once in a lifetime tags last year (2020) for cow elk in E3 (and E4 after the 3 day waiting period). We shot our elk in E4 in mid-October at the same time.

If you use Basemap, I can send you a lot of good info.

PM me for more info.

How did his first weekend go?

How did his first weekend go?
B9F2C7AE-374D-4F73-B7A7-A47EB52A4EA9.jpeg

No shots fired. Is for sure a different experience. First morning we hiked into a promising spot. Apparently 5 of the other 10 tag holders thought the same thing. Found a buffalo outside the park

How’d your weekend go

View attachment 193576

No shots fired. Is for sure a different experience. First morning we hiked into a promising spot. Apparently 5 of the other 10 tag holders thought the same thing. Found a buffalo outside the park

How’d your weekend go
Haha yeah there’s only so many places to go in E4 even with 10 guys. I’m tagged out my friend. I’ll update my thread after the weekend. I’m trying to help my brother arrow a moose now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back