North Dakota Deer Lottery Question

Wapiti23

Why is it that every year since I can remember the results are given out around the 4th of July and this year with 60,000 less dear tags the projected posting date for the results is not till late July early August? I'm waiting for a mule deer tag and I don't think I can stand to wait another couple of weeks to find out.

I am hoping on a whitetail tag here too. They are like My home state of AZ. and make us wait on deer. Good luck. I got a tag for Montana that I am using for My muley. Stacking up points back home in AZ. We are like little kids waiting for Xmas.........BOB!

Lets face it...it's all electronic and they could tell the day after the deadline if you drew a tag or not.

Im not sure about ND but here in AZ there are also paper apps that have to be entered in manually. Unfortunately that takes time to do. The number of us hunters is growing every year. So even though theres less tags available that doesnt drop the number of applicants.
And that ladies and gentlemen is my voice of reason for the month.

There are still the paper apps in ND, but they are working towards online only. Last year I received the email July 16 that I drew.

Why is it that every year since I can remember the results are given out around the 4th of July and this year with 60,000 less dear tags the projected posting date for the results is not till late July early August? I'm waiting for a mule deer tag and I don't think I can stand to wait another couple of weeks to find out.

How many points do you got saved up? I only have 4 so will be a few more years till I draw a mule deer tag. Will just have to try get one will the bow again this year. Got a tag for MT tho so will try get my first one with the rifle this fall.

At the moment I have 5 points for rifle and 6 for muzzleloader. A guy can only dream.

There are still the paper apps in ND, but they are working towards online only. Last year I received the email July 16 that I drew.

Wow...still paper....that's really sad. It was paper when I hunted there 10 years ago...what the hell are they doing with all the money....obviously not upgrading their online application process and computers.

Haha. I believe in the legislature that just passed it sounded like they were going to go all digital for applications. I know they are doing that with bow tags for sure so the Game and Fish can keep track of the numbers sold each year. I think its a good idea.

I think the ND G&F is intentionally waiting until the ND State Fair is over before posting the lottery results. Those poor G&F boys take a chewing while manning their booth at the fair by guys who didn't get the draw results they wanted!

My guess is that draw results will be posted on July 30th, not that I have inside knowledge or anything...

Wapiti23 - Your chances of pulling a 4"x" mule deer buck tag is actually pretty good with 5 points and 6 points for muzzle isn't too shabby either...they start cubing your points at those levels!

Number of Times Applicant's Name Goes Into The Weighted Lottery
Year Bonus points Multiplier + Current year's application = Total times your application goes in lottery

(year 1) 0 - + 1 = 1
(year 2) 1 x 2 + 1 = 3
(year 3) 2 x 2 + 1 = 5
(year 4) 3 x 2 + 1 = 7
(year 5) 4 cubed + 1 = 65
(year 6) 5 cubed + 1 = 126

I'm sill in the single digits, so not much hope for me drawing this year... Best of Luck to all of you!!!

I think the ND G&F is intentionally waiting until the ND State Fair is over before posting the lottery results. Those poor G&F boys take a chewing while manning their booth at the fair by guys who didn't get the draw results they wanted!

My guess is that draw results will be posted on July 30th, not that I have inside knowledge or anything...

Wapiti23 - Your chances of pulling a 4"x" mule deer buck tag is actually pretty good with 5 points and 6 points for muzzle isn't too shabby either...they start cubing your points at those levels!

Number of Times Applicant's Name Goes Into The Weighted Lottery
Year Bonus points Multiplier + Current year's application = Total times your application goes in lottery

(year 1) 0 - + 1 = 1
(year 2) 1 x 2 + 1 = 3
(year 3) 2 x 2 + 1 = 5
(year 4) 3 x 2 + 1 = 7
(year 5) 4 cubed + 1 = 65
(year 6) 5 cubed + 1 = 126

I'm sill in the single digits, so not much hope for me drawing this year... Best of Luck to all of you!!!

Last year 5 points for a MD in the 4x's would have given you odds from 46-100% depending on the unit. 6 muzzy points had 41% chance of drawing the tag. With the lower deer numbers it has really been hurting draw odds.

I was hoping the results would be out before South Dakota's deer deadline which is the 19th, but that is not going to happen this year.

when I lived in Az they whould say the same thing. They whouldn't do the Elk draw till after the Expo.in late winter. I think it just worked out that way........BOB!

The ND G&F has started their deer lottery draw process today, I'm guessing they should have results up within 24 hours. Best of luck to all of you!

Mulie buck rifle tag and WT buck muzzleloader tag. That's the equivalent of hitting Poweball numbers in ND. Life ain't too bad!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back