North Carolina bear

264Magnum

I went to far eastern North Carolina for this one. A big black bear has been something I've always wanted. I got him on November 10 and still smile whenever I think about it. The guides made fun of me saying if I smiled any more, I'd knock my ears off. It was a pretty simple hunt: 10 minutes or so after shooting light, I saw him lumbering down the trail. At that point I had already seen 3 bears. I've got my 7mm mag on him waiting for him to stop, but he keeps walking until he's underneath my stand, which is about 10 feet off the ground at most. Another hunter shot nearby and that scared mine. He turned and ran back where he came from. At about 75 yards he stopped and turned to head into cover, and that's when I let him have it. My shot wasn't perfect, and one of the guides had to finish him off with his .45-70. He finally died in a drainage ditch.
vqi7xc3y741xfjafu9.jpg

This is Dan, one of the guides, booting up to tie onto my bear.
telrbopqfayr49i3dr6c.jpg

And this is Dan getting my bear.
1itktdkl0xr0befvzqqp.jpg

And my bear, looking like a drowned rat.
l0wgt3bqcofd1jqyj4t1.jpg

fl9nupbcsjej1e24xzc.jpg

exawrsw4dgr1vhqw0ler.jpg

The shot that scared my bear was fired by Tim.
awwju56cfugk5z7tehh4.jpg

Here's both of ours together. His weighed more than mine, but mine had a bigger skull.
6ugkn6u5d4of3hcmkoja.jpg

8r57ddtx0u9oc1n9jza.jpg

I haven't heard from my taxidermist yet, but the outfitter said both of them should be really close to making book.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back