Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

North American Deer Slam Completed

B

big28hunter

All my research and video watching was pointing me towards southern Oregon to complete my NA Deer Slam with a Columbia blacktail. Flying 3000 miles into the mountains after these ghosts was going to be exciting but the odds weren't in my favor. With a 29% success rate I was thinking this was going to be an educational trip and a return hunt would be needed if not several. After I made a post in reference to this hunt I was hooked up with a great group of Oregon hunters that know these critters. Their camp was opened up to my brother and me and we were treated like family. Two nice bucks on the meat pole when we pulled into camp certainly put a smile on my face. After 3 days of hunting cat trails and still hunting I connected on a mature 8pt or 3x3 with eye guards for you western hunters. This buck was right on a doe and gave me an easy 150 yard shot. He completes my deer slam and is my 13th animal towards my Super Slam. Don't know how far I'll go into the Super Slam on LE pay but it will be one hell of a ride. I certainly owe my success to this great group of guys from the Rain Forest and I hope to have them hunt whitetails on my home turf one day. GOD bless & good huntin'

Way to go! Glad to see it came together for you on your first trip. Pretty dang solid southern Oregon buck!

Awesome,and I wish I would have had time to join you on the hunt.I'll get out to Oregon soon.Thats a nice blacktail.Wheres some more pics of the trip

Dandy blacktail!! Congrats on completing the deer slam! I've got my sights set on that goal as well...

Way to go! Glad to see it came together for you on your first trip. Pretty dang solid southern Oregon buck!

Honestly Joe I would have been happy with any legal buck. I know how fortunate I was in taking this beauty. Thanks fellas and good huntin'

Hey Bob,
Glad to see your post. That buck is a good representative Blacktail, symetrical & fairly heavy. Many in this area are 2x3 - 4x3 type antlered. It is too bad you/we didn't get more pics. Though you have some scenery pics when we were on that rocky ridgeline. I will pick some from my photos & send you by email or to your phone. Was fun having you & Brian as guests. Too bad couldn't connect on the other buck too!
Take care,
Bill

Congratulations, I'd love to see a picture of each. Some day ill get there but each one is in different directions.

Hey Bob,
Glad to see your post. That buck is a good representative Blacktail, symetrical & fairly heavy. Many in this area are 2x3 - 4x3 type antlered. It is too bad you/we didn't get more pics. Though you have some scenery pics when we were on that rocky ridgeline. I will pick some from my photos & send you by email or to your phone. Was fun having you & Brian as guests. Too bad couldn't connect on the other buck too!
Take care,
Bill

I have some pics Bill that I will post. Busy as heck. Can't that you enough for your hospitality and generosity. Door always welcome in PA for you and the guys. GOD bless and good huntin'.

Sounds like the perfect hunt; you get out there with your brother, see some new area, make new friends and then to top it all off you leave with a nice buck. Congrats on the buck and the slam.

Nice blacktail!
Tough animals to hunt those coastal blacktails,IMHO.
Love the compact racks in red and black...

Robert deserved it.I hope to get the slam myself.Coastal blacktail or coues hunting is on my list.We have to get together and discuss the blacktail hunting

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back