MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Non-residents looking for Permanant AZ B-Point

Dinkshooter,

Good, now I can sit back and wait for you to draw the tag, scout the unit, and tell me where to go! I hear there are 400 inch bulls hiding behind every tree in AZ! :D

Seriously, my father-in-law and I are waiting for one of two units for our archery elk tags. If I have to wait another couple of years, I don't mind. Have no intention of applying for any other tags in AZ after we draw unless there would be some significant changes made. Circumstances what they are currently, I personally don't feel it is worth it to start the process again.

Good luck in the draws.

Buschy

Thanks for the info Stan, I did'nt catch it on MM.
I talked to Don today, and I'm in. Looks like 57 of 60 slots have been filled, so if your thinking about it, better jump now.
Big Fin & Buschy, I'll see ya there.

I think so. (can you say strip tag ?)
I called Don just to get some class details and ended up talking Mule Deer for an half hour.

Buschy

Lets just all draw this year and give them AZ bulls hell. I am like you, I am not giving up now. I figure I have close to $1500 invested in this tag already. I am sticking with the top 2-3 units. Changes in regs be dammed!!!!!!!!!!

I attended the non resident one day hunter’s safety class in Kingman last weekend. The class was informal, and the instructors keep it fun by telling a few jokes along the way. There were 50+ people stuffed into a room built for about 25, so it was elbow to elbow. As it turned out, purely coincidence, I was seated right between Buschy and Big Fin.
Nice meeting you guys, good luck with those tags. Buschy and his farther-in-law are sitting on a lot of elk points, and like me, Big Fin is in good shape on deer points.
The class was for people who have already completed regular hunter’s safety. It focused
more on Arizona environmental safety, hypothermia, dehydration, getting lost, Ect.
Also some focus on Arizona specific laws and not getting in trouble.
One of the most interesting things was they held a mock drawing. Instructor Don Martin had about a dozen volunteers fill out real applications. They were given three real deer hunt codes. The app.s were turned in, and then Martin went through them looking for mistakes. He found several, did not check non resident, did not sign, used unit number instead of hunt code. Each time he found a mistake, he wadded the app up and through it in the trash can, loudly saying “Rejected” (Schmalts would have loved this part). The ones who were left got to pull random numbers out of a fish bowl, according to how many points they had. The guy with the most points got the lowest number, so he drew the best tag; second most points got the second lowest number and so on. This demonstrated how bonus points work, and they did work in the case.

Like A-con stated, it was a good class. It was a pleasure meeting both A-con and Big Fin. Both were down to earth and pleasent to visit with. Good luck to everyone in the draw this year.

In case you are wondering, my father-in-law is not filling out our applications!!!

A-Con and Buschy:

Nice to get to know you guys. I enjoyed your company. Heading back to MT tomorrow.

A lot fewer quail in Mohave County now than there were just four days ago. I wish we had these little buggers back home.

Good luck on the draws. I hope you guys get your tags.

Happy Hunting!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back