Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea of how much a trillion is? To put in perspective 1 million seconds is about 6 days, 1 billion seconds about 36 yrs. One trillion seconds is about 36,000 years. I cannot get my head around a trillion.

You've got some math errors there. One billion is one million multiplied by one thousand. Six times a thousand is 6,000. Divide 6000 days by 365 and it is 16.4 years, give or take.

But your six days for a million seconds is also not right. The correct number is 11.57 days.

Getting from a trillion from a billion is easy, one trillion is one thousand billions. Running the numbers, I come up with one trillions seconds is 31,709.79 years, give or take.

I agree that the world doesn’t owe employers a ready supply of workers. But how does a worker go from no skill/experience to a higher wage without entry level experience and pay?
Just to add a little perspective from another part of the country, I am having a heck of a time hiring here. I am trying to expand the number of folks in the field by about 30%. I can't even fill the training classes. We have a fairly competitive starting wage, lot of room for advancement to a really good wage, full benefits, etc. and so on.

Several of the potential candidates have outright stated that they weren't interested because of the expanded unemployment benefits. I kind of get it honestly. If you take a short sighted view, why would you go bust your hump in the heat when you can make about the same money sitting on the couch. But, like I said, that is the short sighted view and says a lot about the long term potential of a person as an employee in my opinion.

The other problem I am experiencing is just flat out lack of work ethic. I am desperately trying to bring some younger folks into the industry. It is a struggle. Maybe 1 in 20 of the twenty somethings show enough drive to succeed at what we do.

As far as paying more goes, that would be awesome. There is a fine line there though between paying employees as much as possible and not having a business with which to pay employees with.

It's not just my company that is experiencing this. I hear the same story from many other employers in the State.

Last edited:
Any idea as to who will be paying the piper for the trillions of dollars printed? The hole our government is digging is a bad thing. When the recession/depression comes it will be bad.

Any idea of how much a trillion is? To put in perspective 1 million seconds is about 6 days, 1 billion seconds about 36 yrs. One trillion seconds is about 36,000 years. I cannot get my head around a trillion.
Obama’s just gonna get some money out of his stash…😄

I agree with you about the government printing money.

It’s gonna be okay though. I plan on paying my taxes with a check and have the IRS put an IOU on file when it bounces because of insufficient funds… 😉

Any idea as to who will be paying the piper for the trillions of dollars printed? The hole our government is digging is a bad thing. When the recession/depression comes it will be bad.

I’m sure Eric’s post wasn’t intended to make a partisan statement 😉, but just so everyone’s clear, this “printing money” thing didn’t start, nor will it end, with the current administration…

1627231420786.png

But your six days for a million seconds is also not right. The correct number is 11.57 days.

Getting from a trillion from a billion is easy, one trillion is one thousand billions. Running the numbers, I come up with one trillions seconds is 31,709.79 years, give or take.
Good to know, I’ll be 3.23 billion seconds old soon. Have hope to make another billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back