Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tide pods and double the grizzly number for you folks. How many of you cashed your bullshit stimulus check or drilled the ppp? This bill comes close to achieving the guaranteed number of clients most outfitters have had for years. Not a handout, what they had. You guys are like the kid that was taken fishing, taken begrudgingly, but taken non the less. Next time i go back to my sacred hole, there’s 10 people fishing and and no one is catching fish. What a success story. Still 17,000 tags and more and more diy guys calling my friend for help mid season each and every year and he takes the same 30 guys every year. Not more clients for outfitters growing their business, just more public land Diy guys Saturating our public grounds. If you hunt public ground you have seen it. If your a legit backcountry elk hunter this is not for you. No matter your state. Too many people Are unequipped to hunt here. Its irritating as a public land owner lol Ask a game warden about the difference in game and fish law infractions. You can’t even compare non resident diy hunters in rifle season, to guided non residents. S

247DCB84-7C06-41F2-AF1E-29E32A4E6DAE.jpeg

Tide pods and double the grizzly number for you folks. How many of you cashed your bullshit stimulus check or drilled the ppp? This bill comes close to achieving the guaranteed number of clients most outfitters have had for years. Not a handout, what they had. You guys are like the kid that was taken fishing, taken begrudgingly, but taken non the less. Next time i go back to my sacred hole, there’s 10 people fishing and and no one is catching fish. What a success story. Still 17,000 tags and more and more diy guys calling my friend for help mid season each and every year and he takes the same 30 guys every year. Not more clients for outfitters growing their business, just more public land Diy guys Saturating our public grounds. If you hunt public ground you have seen it. If your a legit backcountry elk hunter this is not for you. No matter your state. Too many people Are unequipped to hunt here. Its irritating as a public land owner lol Ask a game warden about the difference in game and fish law infractions. You can’t even compare non resident diy hunters in rifle season, to guided non residents. S
Thanks Mom. Glad to know that you are looking out for my best interest. (y)

Some of the dumber things i have read lately is all this miss-information surrounding this bill on all these sites. Or resident public land hunters against this? This bill is what’s best for Montanans, period.
I’m sick of unprepared nonresidents sold this public land package. They shoot a bull in 80 degrees not even knowing where to start when it gets real. Then ask me or many other friends I have how much would it cost for a pack out as we pass on the trail. Meanwhile elk is spoiling and I couldn’t even get horses there if I wanted. Is that ethics? They must have missed that memo on an episode of fresh tracks.
Outfitter or not, whatever. I can see you guys don’t like em and thats fine. What’s not fine is people piling in here because the tag is easy to acquire making the hunting tougher on everyone and folks not taking their trip and preparation serious. Not all, but entirely too many. The elk numbers are good in most units. They have been displaced to lower country the past 10 years. The first 5 miles of public gets pounded. Elk moved down to structured private land where there is less pressure and ag ground. Outfitter camps are typically a day ride in on public from what I have found. This makes it tough for a foot hunter to overlap with a guide service that far in. The problem is In the middle ground. My friends and I in high school would get into elk regularly after school in this middle ground. You cant even park at some of those trailheads on a Tuesday these days. If that works for you guys good luck. Maybe you guys get scared in the backcountry and it comforting to know you have friends that dress just like you around every corner
You need to re type this starting with: some of the dumber things I have typed lately are my comments in the post .....

This guy can’t be for real. No wonder outfitters need guaranteed clients to keep their business afloat.

I feel lucky to have survived a single night in the woods on my own.
With skills like that, you should go into outfitting. Don’t worry...the state will send a starter pack of clients with your license.

Ok, I better be done now. I’m grouchy pants lately. How long til spring?

Wow, no wonder guides need to be guaranteed clients with attitudes like this. It's easy to say things like this when your an anonymous poster on a forum. How about you provide your name so we can tell people to reference you when they go to use your friends' service the next time they need help..:LOL:.

Also, your poke at NR's and game violations is a complete bunch of BS. The biggest violators by far are the residents in each state, no question.

When you and the rest of the guides post BS like this do you really expect anyone to believe anything that actually comes out of your mouth.

Oh, your statement about many NR are unequipped to be here....I could say the same thing about quite a few guides as well.

I just politely emailed Senator Brown at 11:30 pm EST I wish that I would have wrote down the other Senators names and emails to tag them as well. I voiced my concern as a non resident from the east here in West Virginia who has an extremely limited budget of time and money. The tag prices themselves are on the top end of the scale for deer and elk already. So practically forcing 60% of NR to go outfitted increases the cost dramatically and bumps MT completely out of many people’s limited budget. Plus for those who want to be able to do an On Your Own Adventure they would be fighting over an even smaller pool of tags 🏷 than they already are. I bought my first NR Big Game Combo Point and the two pronghorn bonus points this past fall and this bill would devastate that plan for me and others who could have 10+ points.
I respectfully requested that they vote AGAINST the Senate Bill No 143.

So just curious? If this bill is to pass, when would it become effective. This coming season?? Watching that video turned my guts. I’m sure glad to know that there are a ton of members in here that actually respect us NR hunters as much as tons of us respect you resident guys. Emails sent!! Fingers crossed!! I hope we kill this one so we can prepare for the next. I’m sure this isn’t the last we’ll hear of it in MT, or any state for that matter. My dad warned me all growing up that they were trying to make hunting a rich mans sport!! I’m thinking he was right once again.

With skills like that, you should go into outfitting. Don’t worry...the state will send a starter pack of clients with your license.
I didn’t get good till I started repping the hat. Holding out for my sponsorship deal before I reveal the brand of camo it is.

Might even be a side deal from a detergent company if they can figure out a way to refer some more bookings.

[IMG alt="Big Fin"]https://www.hunttalk.com/data/avatars/m/12/12015.jpg?1571925455[/IMG]

Big Fin

Administrator​

Staff member
JoinedDec 27, 2000Messages14,881LocationBozeman, MT
Wish I was not traveling tomorrow. I'd love to be there in person.

"Suffice to say, the Committee is squirming right now. If they think the last few days have been hectic just get this on the Governor's desk. Then things will get serious.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only."

It's pretty amazing after you filled everyone full of lies, misinformation and discontent about SB143 and got many to do your dirty work, you're to much of a chicken to even show up at the Capital to answer questions from the Committee today.

All I can say is that you must really HATE the outfitting industry to put out the propaganda you posted about SB143. SB143 will only benefit resident hunters by reducing NR competition on public land and Block Management, but you failed to point that out. You suggested that SB143 would greatly harm the NR DIY hunter by taking away their chance to draw a license, but in actuality their draw success will remain the same as it was, because you failed to factor in the fact that outfitter's clients are included in the draw stats and by removing them from the general draw only keeps the draw for the non-outfitted hunter the same chance as it is now. And the last but most important thing you misrepresented to everyone was the fact that SB143 will generate millions of dollars for conservation and to improve access for Montana hunters.

[IMG alt="Big Fin"]https://www.hunttalk.com/data/avatars/m/12/12015.jpg?1571925455[/IMG]

Big Fin

Administrator​

Staff member
JoinedDec 27, 2000Messages14,881LocationBozeman, MT
Wish I was not traveling tomorrow. I'd love to be there in person.

"Suffice to say, the Committee is squirming right now. If they think the last few days have been hectic just get this on the Governor's desk. Then things will get serious.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only."

It's pretty amazing after you filled everyone full of lies, misinformation and discontent about SB143 and got many to do your dirty work, you're to much of a chicken to even show up at the Capital to answer questions from the Committee today.

All I can say is that you must really HATE the outfitting industry to put out the propaganda you posted about SB143. SB143 will only benefit resident hunters by reducing NR competition on public land and Block Management, but you failed to point that out. You suggested that SB143 would greatly harm the NR DIY hunter by taking away their chance to draw a license, but in actuality their draw success will remain the same as it was, because you failed to factor in the fact that outfitter's clients are included in the draw stats and by removing them from the general draw only keeps the draw for the non-outfitted hunter the same chance as it is now. And the last but most important thing you misrepresented to everyone was the fact that SB143 will generate millions of dollars for conservation and to improve access for Montana hunters.
If a NR DIY hunters odds stay the exact same then what’s the purpose of this bill? You can’t guarantee one pool (guided hunters) an allotment of tags from a preset number licenses (general licenses) without affecting the other pool (diy hunters)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back