Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

No Optics on ML in NM 2023

Just returned frm a ML elk hunt and my outfitter is convinced optics on muzzle loaders will be gone by rule change by 2023 season.
Anyone have information on this change?
Done deal. In the units with a MZ season.
Still able to use them in the AW units/hunts.

I'm trading my setup for a reloading rig for my -06. I have had some great hunts with it, but I like my -06 more.

Weeelll, that may be so.
It figures, I have a good ML myslf

700 may be a stretch but a solid 400 all day.

But what is the “intent” of a primative weapon season?

You guys think this is a good move?

I’ve always felt it was my job as a hunter to make the most accurate shot producing the cleanest kill possible. I feel i owe it to the animal.
I use the best equipment available to do that.

You guys think this is a good move?

I’ve always felt it was my job as a hunter to make the most accurate shot producing the cleanest kill possible. I feel i owe it to the animal.
I use the best equipment available to do that.
So I’d assume you only hunt with the biggest center fire rifle you shoot really accurately?

I think it’s great. Will almost certainly lead to lower success rates and thus maybe to more hunter opportunity as well

So I’d assume you only hunt with the biggest center fire rifle you shoot really accurately?

I think it’s great. Will almost certainly lead to lower success rates and thus maybe to more hunter opportunity as well
You would assume correctly.

No it has a scope.........LOL. I have hit 400 with it. But it's my rule.
My -06 can easily hit 600, but my limit zone is around 400 on it. Hunting wild game.
All fun.
Pretty certain I am 9 years your junior. The 100 yd shot with my traditional/ open sights off a sudden is a challenge.
Same for me, 200 yards with scoped in-line is max. I've shot one deer at that distance but typically I'm shooting to kill at 60 yards max.

Back