No love from the Sportsmans Channel

6speed

I see they posted the winners of their awards. Looks like you either need to spend a lot of time sitting in a tree stand or push the ethical limit to get an award.

Such is how it goes in the strange world of TV. Still a big smile on my face and working hard to make the next year even better.

Same here.

Agreed, the world of fat guys in trees with permenant stands on their own property (sorry for guys who like it) really doesn't do it for me. There are only 3 shows worth watching. #1 being OYOA. Damn Sportsmans Channel!

OYOA is definitely the best. I love the real world hunting and learning experience. Add to the great show that there is this great site where Randy himself provides very detailed guidance to many people. OYOA is #1 in my book.

Agreed, the world of fat guys in trees with permenant stands on their own property (sorry for guys who like it) really doesn't do it for me. There are only 3 shows worth watching. #1 being OYOA. Damn Sportsmans Channel!

Just curious what your other two are? Seems there are so many between the different channels and different air times it's kinda hard to keep track of the good ones.

Anybody else have any favorites that show hunting on public land?

Bummer. Watched the New Mexico elk hunt again last night. Guess I missed where that was Randy's first archery kill. The wave of emotions and the end result are something that you don't get on other hunting shows. Plain and simple. OYOA is the best of the best.

That being said I am interested in checking out Steven Rinella's show on Sportsmans Channel- anybody seen it yet? I did enjoy Into the Wild on Travel Channel last year.

Randy keep up the good work. The production quality of your show alone is 10 steps above all other shows. Maybe you should fill half of your show with grilling a pig on the grill behind your house, that might make the show great HAHA.

With your show I get the feeling you are cutting good footage to fit in a small time slot and with all other shows I get the feeling they are making stuff up to fill the time because it is just not that exciting to show deer hunting from a tree every episode. Then all that time and effort to shoot a basket rack deer and listen to them talk about the traditions of hunting with friends and family, but you only see them with the friends they paid for that week, the outfitter.

It should be an honor to even have a clip in the running. The vast majority of viewers will never have a Western hunting experience, sadly, and are only interested in whitetail deer. Pig Man should even be happy to break that mold. That is where the money is and that is where the viewers are. I just personally get bored as can be watching the "management" hunts or "feeder" hunts. Add Rock music to it and you have yourself a winner.

Bummer. Watched the New Mexico elk hunt again last night. Guess I missed where that was Randy's first archery kill. The wave of emotions and the end result are something that you don't get on other hunting shows. Plain and simple. OYOA is the best of the best.

That being said I am interested in checking out Steven Rinella's show on Sportsmans Channel- anybody seen it yet? I did enjoy Into the Wild on Travel Channel last year.

Sux that Fin didn't take home any awards - I know I voted for him. As all from Illinois know, you need to vote early and vote often (and get back to the graveyard once the election is over).

I have watched Meat Eater (Rinella's show) it is pretty good, but does not go into as much detail as Randy does on the planning, and does not make it as clear that he is hunting public land. He does seem to have the "right" attitude about public access, and he is vocal with his ethic as a meat hunter rather than a trophy hunter.

You gotta be kidding me!!!!!

Those other shows are just garbage. OYOA is the real deal, the ONLY show worth my time. You can't even tell those other shows apart, dime a dozen, bunch of morons that couldn't hunt their way out of their own garage.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Meat Eater and I like it. I like his hunting style and I like to see him processing the meat after the kill. Meat Eater, OYOA, and Easton's Bowhunting are the only three shows I make a point to watch on the Sportsman Channel. Most of the rest are just 30 minute commercials.

I still say OYOA is the best show on.Cant belive people would choose a half hour of bad acting,bragging,and macho man attitudes with rock and rap music over real life hunting.As far as the private vs public land goes its still hunting and I do both but must say the public land hunts are much more rewarding.Guided hunts dont bother me much either until the hunter on tv takes 95% of the credit for getting the animal when in reality the guide has done most the work.Keep up the good work Randy your doing a great job. I also enjoy Rinellas show and hope his shows dont ever move towards the chest pounding type shows like most of the other ones on tv.Randy I think it would make a cool episode to see if you and Rinella did a show together once maybe an hour long,what would your thoughts be on that?

Awards are for patting people on the back in any industry any way...you don't need awards to enjoy what you are doing and as long as you like it and people give you money to make it who cares about awards !

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Meat Eater and I like it. I like his hunting style and I like to see him processing the meat after the kill. Meat Eater, OYOA, and Easton's Bowhunting are the only three shows I make a point to watch on the Sportsman Channel. Most of the rest are just 30 minute commercials.

I actually tried to watch another show yesterday, they were pushing so much product they lost me on the point of what the hell ever they were hunting. Turned it off!
:cool:Randy Newberg and all the folks responsible for OYOA you Rock!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PotomacRiver
Back