No javelina yet!

Mntman

I went out last saturday with a good friend and hunted those ghosts up near bagdad, AZ for the bow season hunt.
I snuck with in 15 yards of one large boar by the looks of him. Well, thats when buck! fever took over and I missed a 15 yd shot under his chest.
eek.gif

Then he disappeared into the pinion trees and manzanita bushes and came back out seconds later looking for that noise that startled him. He spotted me and started walking straight towards me and got to within 10 yds and turned broadside just daring me to try and hit him again!
Guess what, missed again! Shot right over his left shoulder and he did drop down a bit at the sound of the string. I guess this all goes to show you what happens when your used to shooting mechanicals and switch to broadheads with out checking them out first.
Went home and found at 20 yds they hit 6-8" lower than the field tips or mechancial heads.
frown.gif

Now with readjusted sights, and a lot more practice, I am going out this friday to try again.
Have not killed anything with a bow/arrow yet so looking to loose my cherry soon.
The stalk and adventure will keep me coming back for more even if I don't get my quarry.
biggrin.gif

Note to self:

" Tune the equipment I'm going to hut with before I go out hunting with it ".

Go back and get 'em buddy!!! Good Luck!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-21-2004 16:19: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back