Leupold Banner

No HT outside of the US?

Bigjay73

I couldn't open the site last week when I was in Iceland. Is HT unobtainable in all foreign countries?

QuazyQuinton

I got back last night from a trip to Kyrgyzstan with my family. HuntTalk was a no-go there, along with state game agency websites. I figured it was @Big Fin blocking those Russian hackers with a broad brush.

I don't remember if I checked it in the airport in Istanbul.

QQ

Bigjay73

Newberg had a post on here a while back about how he has some nation’s IP addresses blocked.

I think it was after the Mudranger’s “revealing” photos incident.
Perhaps he made the mistake of trying icelandic dried fish and cut the whole country out of the loop

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I got back last night from a trip to Kyrgyzstan with my family. HuntTalk was a no-go there, along with state game agency websites. I figured it was @Big Fin blocking those Russian hackers with a broad brush.

I don't remember if I checked it in the airport in Istanbul.

QQ
Yup, some countries are blocked, as are some of the VPN services. I know we end up losing some new members because of that, but the amount of spammers in certain countries of using certain masking efforts is not worth the headache that comes with it.

OntarioHunter

I seem to recall I had trouble getting on when hunting in South Africa. Can't remember how or if it got fixed.

I recently couldn't book on a local South African airline because their site wouldn't accept my VISA. Called my card company and they said the airline is blocked because they used my card for several dinky unrelated purchases after my last trip. So I went with a five hour layover in Joberg and booked on the other airline. Things are definitely fast and loose down there.

Last edited:

Beignet

I just returned from France and the site would mostly not work without a VPN from a US IP address.

Oddly, site worked fine there without a VPN in the early AM when it was the wee hours back here in ye olde États Unis.

Last edited:

stealthy_bowman

I was in Switzerland, Germany and France on business for 2 weeks earlier in June and had no issues while using cellular service accessing hunttalk.
However, if I was on the hotel Wi-Fi it didn’t work at all, in any of those countries.
Simple solution was just to use cellular.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monkbuilder