Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

No DST, end of after work hunting?

RobG

SB 206 does away with daylight savings time in Montana. It passed the Senate 36 to 14. Now it is off to the House...

I can't figure out why people don't like DST, after all it makes all outdoor activities an hour later relative to your work schedule. When it turns off in the fall it means don't have enough time to take my kid hunting after school. It means I have to get up an hour earlier to hunt on the weekends relative to my work schedule. Instead of making it go away, I'd rather it went all the way through hunting season! (I remember when Nixon tried to make it year round and we had to go to school in pitch black mornings.)

Also, in the spring when DST starts it means I have enough time to run out to the Madison after work to catch the evening hatch. It jump starts the outdoor season for me.

This isn't life changing, but why would we want to give up the outdoor recreation opportunity DST provides?

DST is something that outlived its intened purpose long ago.
Dooood... you are in Nevada where you don't get to enjoy the long days. Hunting and fishing after work is a damn fine intended purpose! Seriously, a big push for this comes from the recreational industry.

As a duck hunter I would prefer more time in the morning.

Someone posted this to a FB thread related to the MT DST deal. I thought it pretty much spot on.

daylight.jpg

Arizona does not have DST, Except the Navajo Nation. You promote fake news Sytes.

Curious... would you not have an EXTRA hour to hunt after work since you don't have the "spring forward"???

Curious... would you not have an EXTRA hour to hunt after work since you don't have the "spring forward"???

Spring forward means it gets dark at a later hour, ie sunset 7pm before spring forward means sunset 8pm after spring forward.

I can't figure out why people don't like DST

Me either, especially at the northern latitudes. I consider myself an early riser, but without DST a 4:45 sunrise is just a touch too early to be out fishing in the summer.

Wisconsin is trying to do this. The way I understand it is not as easy as passing through state legislation. But the Feds have to Grant a waiver for states to do it. There are 8 states trying to pass dst bills now.

What is the point anyway? It never ceases to amaze me that politicians think this is the kind of crap we are paying them for!

First I find out that the bill allowing me to wear pink this hunting season was killed, now this... :mad: I'm with Rob G. I love daylight savings time. More time to hunt in the evenings. Of course, being self-employed I do have a lot of flexibility on setting my own hours.

Stick with DST year-round. Having it get dark at 4:45pm in the winter sucks, I'd much rather have it get dark an hour later in the winter and carry that time throughout the year.

I did hear somebody who promoted the removal of DST state that it was probably causing global warming because of the extra hour of sunlight each day... so there is that ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back