Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NM Unit 41 Aug 17-19 Antelope Tag

mduncan

I just drew a New Mexico Unit 41 pronghorn tag and will be using OnX Maps to stay on public, but looking for a recommendation on which quadrant of the unit to focus on: NW or SW? First time antelope hunter, so pretty clueless. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lmd
I hunted near Nara Visa last year on private but saw antelope on BLM. I saw a ton of antelope that trip actually. Should be fun

Never been in 41 spent time in 59, 58, 56, and 57 to the north lots of antelope in those units. Should definitely be a decent number of lopes in the unit goodluck!

Thank you for the info, everything I am reading about the unit sounds pretty good and it has a decent success rate so hopefully I can get that first goat!

I just booked a hotel in Logan a day early, so I will be able to spend a full day scouting before season starts. May stay a few extra days and fish UTE reservoir while I am there.

Reactions: Lmd
2 Weeks to go, getting pretty excited for this hunt! Will update with some pics of the area (and hopefully a nice antelope) when I get back.
Are you having any luck in unit 41

Back