Drew a NR New Mexico Antelope Tag - Unit 38

Well, just found out this morning I drew a NM Antelope tag in Unit 38... beat those 1% odds LOL. Been to NM for elk but never antelope. In fact, I have never hunted antelope.... though I've watched plenty of Randy's videos :)

Any insight or help someone could provide would be appreciated. Not ruling out an outfitter but typically am the DIY type. Have some general knowledge but just getting started on researching that unit more. Drew the rifle 10/7 to 10/9 season specifically.

Willing to put in the time and research as I always do but some insight would be great. I have OnxMaps so no problem finding public land. Question would be access. Any help would be appreciated.

You can do it easily diy. I personally wouldn't do a outfitted hunt
Looks like the bulk of the public land is in the South / SE part of that unit. Do you know if the county roads are available to drive on off the main highways? I though I've heard in the past that sometimes roads get fenced in NM but perhaps not county roads....

Well, just found out this morning I drew a NM Antelope tag in Unit 38... beat those 1% odds LOL. Been to NM for elk but never antelope. In fact, I have never hunted antelope.... though I've watched plenty of Randy's videos :)

Any insight or help someone could provide would be appreciated. Not ruling out an outfitter but typically am the DIY type. Have some general knowledge but just getting started on researching that unit more. Drew the rifle 10/7 to 10/9 season specifically.

Willing to put in the time and research as I always do but some insight would be great. I have OnxMaps so no problem finding public land. Question would be access. Any help would be appreciated.
Congrats on the draw!

First time putting in for NM Antelope, and I was drawn for units 21, 24 in October, same dates as you. Beyond excited! Although I can't find any information online for these units so, if anyone has insight into these units, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back