NM Results

No back door that I am aware of. Last year and the year before NM posted on the 20th.

RLTW

Never was a real back door....lol
NM is listed in book as posting on the 24th of April this year. Pretty good turn around if you ask me.

Last year they were almost a week early. I hope they are this year because my credit card payment is due on the 22nd. I don't really want to pay $15K of license fees only to have it refunded a couple days later as a giant credit that will take months to use up.

Last year they were almost a week early. I hope they are this year because my credit card payment is due on the 22nd. I don't really want to pay $15K of license fees only to have it refunded a couple days later as a giant credit that will take months to use up.

I liked refund checks better. I got all those airline miles on my credit card. Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho and New Mexico were big ticket applications and most paid back with checks.

Agreed. Montana and Idaho have always charged a convenience fee to use a credit card though so I've always mailed in a money order or check for those. Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico didn't used to charge a fee and refunded via check so it really did build some points on the credit card. Now Wyoming doesn't give you the option, they are the only state that requires you to use a card and charges a fee. I think New Mexico does the draw fast enough that they don't get charged the big fee since they refund it back on your credit card. I wish Wyoming would figure out some kind of an option for that. I would happily send in a money order or check to save the required "convenience" fee especially on the expensive tags. The convenience fee on the bison tag application is over $100.

I’d like to understand what it is about the draw that takes more than a few minutes, if not seconds. The calculations needed to draw (or not draw) are not computationally intensive. There must be some “behind-the-scenes”, manual processing or checks that take the additional time.

I’d like to understand what it is about the draw that takes more than a few minutes, if not seconds. The calculations needed to draw (or not draw) are not computationally intensive. There must be some “behind-the-scenes”, manual processing or checks that take the additional time.

I would assume part of timing has to do with paper applications and digitizing everything for the draw. I’m not sure how many states still do paper.

Back