NM Results

I agree completely. In particular, why does CO take so long? Volume of apps?

No idea... although I did work for another state agency for a while and as of 2011 they were using a MS DOS payroll system. So who knows.

Last year's probably won't work anymore since the hunting license is nonrefundable now.

The odds that the defunct Commission gets back-handed and my license fee will be refunded are now better than my hunt draw odds.
It's turning out to be an interesting month.

The odds that the defunct Commission gets back-handed and my license fee will be refunded are now better than my hunt draw odds.
It's turning out to be an interesting month.

Everytime somebody posts and puts this on the front page I think for a second they might be up. Lol

Is there serious talk about changing the license fee requirement back? Or are u taking about the tag fee?

I have a few friends who are Wildlife Officers for NM. There is a lot that goes on after the application dates close. Application audits are the biggest time consumer, making sure Residents are residents, if applying with an outfitter making sure the outfitter is legit, etc... But according to them as soon as the audit is competed and double checked.... "draw" button is pushed :)

Everytime somebody posts and puts this on the front page I think for a second they might be up. Lol
I was going to say the exact same thing. My heart does a little flutter.

And thanks for explaining their process beforehand, hornet. I knew once the button is pushed the results come out almost instantaneous (in computer time), but never thought about the audit part of it. Makes me a little less annoyed at the patience training.

Is there serious talk about changing the license fee requirement back? Or are u taking about the tag fee?

License fee

SB196 states that fees paid by unsuccessful applicants will be refunded. The belief is that the commission didn’t have the authority to keep those fees and that action is being questioned. I don’t know how long those things take down there but would hope we’ll know by the end of the month.

I just assume that results will be out on a Wednesday. Which Wednesday has varied over the years that’s I’ve applied.

California, by statute, must conduct the draw within 10 days of the close of the application period. We usually have results posted within that 10 days.
Wait you can hunt in California... do you have to pet them before you can shoot em?

but yes I should have added... "of the states I apply in..."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back