Caribou Gear Tarp

NM draw is open.

It's letting me fill in my hunt codes at a rate of about one every 20 minutes, I can hardly wait until I try to checkout...

Got it all done and submitted. A little more exciting than I would have liked but not too bad. I got kicked out of the system a couple times and got error codes for invalid credentials a few times but they ended up with a little over $15,000 of my money when it was all said and done.

Crap. I could have waited another day! Then it would have for sure gone on the next credit card cycle.

$7,858 for my applications, $7,827 for my son's. $15,685 total. Hopefully we don't get it all back but the combined odds on our Oyrx, Ibex and Bighorn sheep applications are probably close to 1% and that is $12,838 of the total.

Thinking more and more i should of not applied in NM this year...if traffic shut site down has apps incresed that much?
I doubt it! This happens every year with all the guys trying to get it in as late as possible in hopes of refunds hitting CC before any charges. Part of me thinks that it's complete horse sh@$ to extend the deadline for those who chose to gamble on the last day. Sometimes when you gamble you lose. I can also recognize that's a bit of my selfish side. If they said you had till 5pm today you should be able to apply problem free till 5pm today. But there's a ton of things that should be one way and aren't why should this be different. I can't wrap my head around a bunch of adults being surprised when the same thing that happens every year happens again. And all you hear is about how unfair it is not how dumb it was to wait till the last second when the site crashes on the last day ever year.

Rant over!

I doubt it! This happens every year with all the guys trying to get it in as late as possible in hopes of refunds hitting CC before any charges. Part of me thinks that it's complete horse sh@$ to extend the deadline for those who chose to gamble on the last day. Sometimes when you gamble you lose. I can also recognize that's a bit of my selfish side. If they said you had till 5pm today you should be able to apply problem free till 5pm today. But there's a ton of things that should be one way and aren't why should this be different. I can't wrap my head around a bunch of adults being surprised when the same thing that happens every year happens again. And all you hear is about how unfair it is not how dumb it was to wait till the last second when the site crashes on the last day ever year.

Rant over!
I never wait till last day but been applying in NM for a few years and didnt know this ever happened before. I guess i dont understand why a hour or 2 shutdown causes a 24 hour extension...

Rant over!
My thoughts!

This is why I allows apply a few days earlier then the deadline. Got my apps in this past weekend while enjoying some coffee and didn’t have to stress about it. Much the less with me trying to save my pennies for a hunt I have planned in the future I shot for the stars and only put in for, oryx, BH sheep, Barbary sheep, and ibex… so in the long short of it all I won’t draw anything haha.

Back