NM draw is open.

I wonder how many guys who apply realize how low the actual odds are? I apply every year and even once drew a elk tag but fear likelyhood has dwindled even further with recent app increases. I think hunters watch all these youtube vids and see all these great hunts in NM and fail to realize that almost all those NR hunters purchase their tags, very few actually draw tags. Good luck to all you fellow applicants, i cant afford to buy my way in so call me old fashion..i apply

Last edited:
I wonder how many guys who apply realize how low the actual odds are? I apply every year and even once drew a elk tag but fear likelyhood has dwindled even further with recent app increases. I think hunters watch all these youtube vids and see all these great hunts in NM and fail to realize that almost all those hunters purchase their tags, very few actually draw tags. Good luck to all you fellow applicants, i cant afford to buy my way in so call me old fashion..i apply
Here’s a humdinger: If we’re not drawn resident deer in NM, instead of nonresident deer CO; Ontario, CA? It’s cheaper because there is no justice in license prices.

I believe I'll be putting in for some longshot tags this year for New Mexico, just for fun. I'm thinking rifle antelope for me, rifle antelope for my wife, and then something fun like sheep, oryx etc. Maybe a late archery mule deer hunt for good measure! I don't want to put in for anything that I can realistically draw and have to back out on when I draw a good Wyoming antelope tag in a few months. 😉 But at the same time, anytime you're in New Mexico is a good time... Good luck everybody, hope there's green chile in your future!

I believe I'll be putting in for some longshot tags this year for New Mexico, just for fun. I'm thinking rifle antelope for me, rifle antelope for my wife, and then something fun like sheep, oryx etc. Maybe a late archery mule deer hunt for good measure! I don't want to put in for anything that I can realistically draw and have to back out on when I draw a good Wyoming antelope tag in a few months. 😉 But at the same time, anytime you're in New Mexico is a good time... Good luck everybody, hope there's green chile in your future!
Quit friggin around this is serious business

Late archery mule deer is a ton of fun!!! Love seeing the big bucks out chasing does

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back