Caribou Gear

NM and KS muzzleloader deer

nmtaxi

I had a blast this hunting season. Ever since my son left to the Marine Corp over 3 years, I've struggled not just filling tags, but really being motivated and enjoying my hunts. Last year, I finally got my brother out hunting again and spent that season getting him back into the swing of things. This year we were on the same page and just had a ton of fun. I was able to put all other distractions aside, completely neglect work, and just focus on hunting.
Since I didn't drawI had bought a leftover muzzleloader deer tag and was able to fill my tag opening morning on this little buck. Being how bad my luck is on mule deer, I had no intention of passing up this guy. I was pretty darn happy to get him. Always a good time hunting with my brother and nephew.

2594820161030181945.jpg
88650dscn1602.jpg

So, last week, my brother and I headed to Kansas for a muzzleloader whitetail hunt. Last year was my first year hunting Kansas, and even though I go skunked, I also go hooked. I've been obsessing about getting a Kansas whitetail ever since leaving Kansas last year. It was absolutely top on my list this season. Spot and stalk hunting public land for these deer in the rut was an absolute blast. Can't wait to go back next year!

86317dscn16362.jpg
53980dscn16392.jpg
44179dscn16412.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the deer! I thought Kansas muzzleloader was in September?

Great bucks man glad you found your way back to success and fulfillment in the sport I've been through those ebbs and flows also it can be tough.

Congrats!

Back