Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

NM 16C December

flacktackle

I am new to Hunt Talk and have really enjoyed reading the threads. Anyone have any advise on NM Unit 16C in December?

flacktackle,

I am going to 16C elk hunting in a few weeks. I would be happy to share the information I have gathered already and whatever we may learn after being there. Feel free to contact me the beginning of November and we can visit. I will send you a private message as well! Take care.

Buschy

Flacktackle...I will also be there in late October and would be willing to share information...contact me if you want. Have you had any luck finding out any information about Elk hunting in the unit this year?

Nm 16c

I went and did some scouting in the middle of August. Spent about a week in the area and learned the lay of the land. Diamond Fire was burning the very southern portion of the unit then (around Diamond Peak). I know all the Forest Service personel controling the fire from Beaverhead Work Station pulled out two weeks later so I am not sure of the status now. If the fire burned out their should be some good vegetation for elk grazing. Spoke with a man at Beaverhead and he said we just missed the herd. He said they set out to find water (very dry summer). I have never elk hunted so late in the season before. Not sure what to expect as far as precip. goes. Last several years have been dry in Dec. Big unit with lots of different terrain.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back