Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Mexico elk hunting

I have never put in for a group app in NM so I am not 100% sure, but I think only one person can put in the group app because the group only gets one assigned draw number at the start of the process. If you are unsure, I would wait and call someone at NMGF on Monday.
Ive never put in for a draw except here in TX for draw hunts. Here you can put in for a draw hunt with up to 4 people and the other three can put in apps with the same people and if one gets drawn all 4 do. So I was just curious. Ill go back and read that section and dissect it a little more.

Ive never put in for a draw except here in TX for draw hunts. Here you can put in for a draw hunt with up to 4 people and the other three can put in apps with the same people and if one gets drawn all 4 do. So I was just curious. Ill go back and read that section and dissect it a little more.
I get the confusion, but you have been given most of the answers. @huntandfly said you get one app. @WildWill explained that you are assigned a random number before the draw ever starts. That determines who goes first. Each group only gets one number. So be careful and don't have both of you submit an app and get it booted as a duplicate. If your random number is 1 then great, your first pick will be what they give you. If you are number 300 then look at first and if no tag available then they go to second. If you are past a certain number then you get nothing. People here have been pretty helpful. It wouldn't take much to see what units HT members had last year. I am more than willing to share info on PM, even way points, if someone seems like they need the help.

FAQ at the top contact # at the bottom.

Sound like you have this should answer alot of questions.

Also I recommend this and the host of other videos.

You came onto this forum and just started asking very specific questions about very specific areas. And your questions were answered in a very easy manner. It shows you have done no real e-scouting. Because every question you have asked is pretty easy to find the answer with a little work.

It seems like you had been successful in CO OTC so you must know how to hunt elk. Pick a unit that has what you want, look at a map and go hunt.

Best of luck in the draw and this fall.
Hey I'm old and my mind doesn't work like it used to Lol. Have read the brochure, looked at different videos by different people and learning more about the process. just asking for clarification. Never hurts to be reassured by those with more knowledge. It's nice to have real time clarification as opposed to what's posted online. It's kind of like going to the DMV. You know what needs to be done and what it says you need online but the paperwork process is always so difficult. Then you have that one person that knows the frustration and steps in to help. TX< NM< and Colorado all have different processes for hunting License requirements. I have not yet registered for GoHunt but that's my next research avenue.
I appreciate the help that everyone is providing.

Need a right or wrong on this.
I put in an application, my buddy puts in and application and we both attach to the others application. If one gets drawn the other is drawn also?
I don't think so.
If I recall correctly, which I may not, cause I put in alot of states. You will put in your application and it will give you an attach code. Your buddy logs in and selects group and uses your attach code. It will auto fill the hunt choices for him to match yours.
If one is drawn, both are drawn. If one is drawn and there is only one tag left in the bucket, neither of you draw.

Need a right or wrong on this.
I put in an application, my buddy puts in and application and we both attach to the others application. If one gets drawn the other is drawn also?
Doesn't work that way, you cannot have your name on 2 elk applications. One of you creates the group application, the other attaches, period.

Hey fellow hunting enthusiasts. New to the site fo NM hunting and have just a couple questions that the rule book is vague on and havent been able to find any answers thru google. Lol Was hoping there is a few that can help with the answers or lead me in the right direction.
Couple of nonresidents that want to archery/rifle hunt. Have been reading the forums but haven't run across this. Have always hunted OTC units in Colorado but have limited time and decided time for a change. Having said all that, down to the questions.
When applying for the draw can you mix up the hunting types and dates on your application? Specifically, the 3 choices. Can i have my first choice first season archery in a unit 2nd choice first season rifle etc. and can i mix the units? So, my idea is 1st or 2nd archery as first choice 1st rifle second choice (same Unit) and then third choice late season rifle in a different unit.
Any help is appreciated.
A friend of mine is a game warden and he has informed me that you can mix them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back