MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Night Force SHV 2-10 x 42

I am considering getting a Night Force SHV 2-10 with a moar reticle… Does anybody have any experience with this specific scope… I have a few Leupold CDS scopes and it seems that it takes a fired round to make the adjustment move to the correct position….. Beginning to question their reliability……..

I have a 3-10x42 SHV on my main hunting rifle. Mine has the MOAR reticle. I really like it. Adjustments seem to be right on. I flew to CO and back last fall and zero didn't move.

I'd love to see a ffp, Mil turret, with a functional Mil reticle version.

I am considering getting a Night Force SHV 2-10 with a moar reticle… Does anybody have any experience with this specific scope… I have a few Leupold CDS scopes and it seems that it takes a fired round to make the adjustment move to the correct position….. Beginning to question their reliability……..
Years ago we had that with a bunch of different scopes. Fix was to make the adjustment then tap the scope cover with a round. Worked very well!

I wish nightforce would put an exposed elevation turret on these. About a perfect scope if they would

Yep that would be perfect. Or something like leupolds windplex
Not sure why but most scope manufacturers only offer the cluttered up reticle. A plain duplex and an understanding of the rifle and load being used is a great combination. Takes a bit of work though. mtmuley

I am getting used to the MOAR reticle in my NXS. It was a lot at first, but now am getting to where my eye snaps to the middle and I can ignore the noise, or use it (mostly for wind holds) as needed.

I am getting used to the MOAR reticle in my NXS. It was a lot at first, but now am getting to where my eye snaps to the middle and I can ignore the noise, or use it (mostly for wind holds) as needed.
Same here. I've taken some quick shots up close with it, and for me the center crosshair is where my eye goes.

I wish nightforce would put an exposed elevation turret on these. About a perfect scope if they would
Some guys just leave the top cap off, but Nightforce apparently won't guarantee its waterproof integrity if it's not on. I've never heard of it causing problems. An exposed E turret would be nice, though.

I will also add that once I used a scope that adjusted correctly every time, and stayed there, I became very unwilling to put up with scopes that don't.

Some guys just leave the top cap off, but Nightforce apparently won't guarantee its waterproof integrity if it's not on. I've never heard of it causing problems. An exposed E turret would be nice, though.

No zero stop on them though

For sure.

I always just leave the cap on and unscrew if I need to dial. Most of my long range shooting is steel, and I've had a long streak of shooting animals fairly close, so my experience might not translate to other hunting styles.

I have several Nightforce scopes from NX8 to SHVs of various sizes. Quite frankly I can tell very little, if any, difference in the quality of the SHV glass. Great quality, excellent tracking and holding zero.

I have never understood the "cluttered" complaint on a reticle like the MOAR. There is a crosshairs alone in the center of the scope, it's not hard to find, and the rest of the hashes dont prevent you from seeing what's in the FOV. Do people really look at it and get distracted by anything else in a quick point and shoot situation or is it just different from what they are used to? Going to a straight duplex reduces the utility of the scope, I have trouble seeing how that is a good thing. I can understand choosing the forceplex reticle for short range rifles used in low light situations because the MOAR and MIL-r reticles tend to be pretty thin.

An SHV 3-10 would get the nod for me if it had exposed elevation turret and came in Mils. SWFA 3-9 is a preferable option to me for now.

Reactions: FLS
Very easy to make a zero stop for the SHV. Plastic washer and sand it until if fits under the turret at your zero. Put a notch in mine so I can see zero/ elevation numbers also.

I own 2. One with the forceplex and one with an illuminated MOAR. They are bombproof. I took a nasty spill, and I mean like freefalling into a 5ft deep washout, let go of my rifle and everything. It hit hard and clattered off rocks. I got my poop back in a group, checked over my rifle, the illumination still worked, so I knew it was still basically functional. I continued the stalk, got to 112yds, figuring the scope couldn't be that far off, and flattened him. There was zero shift in zero.

Personally, both of these scopes track perfect, RTZ, and I actually like the covered turrets. I hike way more than I spin turrets, and for me if it is far enough that I have to dial, I have 10 seconds to spin the cap off, but as always everybody's preferences are a little different.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back