PEAX Equipment

Night Force SHV 2-10 x 42

Anyone know why this is a 30mm tube, given it doesn’t have an exposed elevation turret?

You like the MOAR reticle?
I am fine with it. I have been using "complicated" reticles for a long time. IMO a crosshair, is a crosshair. the extra stuff is no big deal. I do have a cheat sheet built to use the hashmarks below the horizonal for holdovers and the horizontal hashes for wind in a pinch, just another tool in the box.

Full disclosure: when I called up NF to order it, I intended to get another Forceplex, but the military rep offered me such a screaming deal on the illuminated MOAR that I couldn't turn it down....

Not sure why but most scope manufacturers only offer the cluttered up reticle. A plain duplex and an understanding of the rifle and load being used is a great combination. Takes a bit of work though. mtmuley
My favorite reticule was the old Redfield 4 plex CCH, really miss it. But these days the only reticule that interest's me is a plaain duplex. Speaking of a cluttered reticle, years ago herter came out with a reticule full or circles to tell the range with, WOW!

@MinnesotaHunter what mounting system did you go with?

Do you use the sub tensions for holdover or pull the cap and dial?

I have two rifles with the SHVs a CA Mesa in 6.5 (Forceplex) and a Nosler 48 in 308 (MOAR). Both are mounted with Talley Lightweights.

I have done both. If I have the time, I will definitely dial. If I feel like I am pressed for time, I can hold over using the subs. For most of my adult life I have been using an trijicon ACOG on an M4, so the hold overs feel really natural. I have D.O.P.E. for both taped to the stock.

If I were to guess it would be that they still have a pretty robust erector setup and need the room to house it.

And they still have 90 MOA of elevation travel. Not sure I've seen any 1" tube scopes that can say that but I haven't looked at 1" tube scopes in a long time.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back