Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

NH hunter needed

Djfan

I will be out in NH around Thanksgiving. Looking for turkey, but have to get an archery tag, which has to include a white tail.

My son lives there, and he doesn't hunt much, so I have no real insights.

Anyone want to help a guy? Not sure what we will do yet, but I can bring my bow and a rifle to make stuff happen.

Thanks!

Yeah, just hang around anyone's squirell feeder and you'll stick a turkey in NH lol. Good luck, I'd join if I were heading there for thanksgiving

Can he be my friend?
Can't hunt in his neighborhood unfortunately.

NH does have a decent amount of public land though. Little bit of a reverse of the west, nothing lives up high everything is down low. You can't really glass more than 50-80 yards.

Also... New England you have to register your deer within 24 hrs, and most require it come out whole... I think NH is ambiguous on that point, but I would call a warden.

Live free or die, bitches
It really is the WY of New England.

MA = Need license to own a gun... PITA to get

NH = Permitless concealed carry

Mind blowing New England geography... well and I guess a comment about the egregious expansion of the west.

Denver Metro area... about 35 miles wide
1632157343867.png

Same 35 mile circle centered on downtown Boston

So it takes @Dsnow9 waaay longer to drive to cabelas in lone tree then it takes me to drive to a state with completely different gun laws 🤯
1632157394424.png

@Djfan sorry for the derail...

Where will you be? I lived and hunted NH most of my life.

Both turkey and deer need to be registered with a check station, deer can be gutted, turkey has to be whole.

Thanksgiving is deer and turkey, some areas can do shotgun for turkey. Some require shotgun for deer

Can't hunt in his neighborhood unfortunately.

NH does have a decent amount of public land though. Little bit of a reverse of the west, nothing lives up high everything is down low. You can't really glass more than 50-80 yards.

Also... New England you have to register your deer within 24 hrs, and most require it come out whole... I think NH is ambiguous on that point, but I would call a warden.
Had a long talk with one today. He has been on the Northwoods Law show, so I recognized his name.

He gave me his direct number so I could get help following all the laws.

Where will you be? I lived and hunted NH most of my life.

Both turkey and deer need to be registered with a check station, deer can be gutted, turkey has to be whole.

Thanksgiving is deer and turkey, some areas can do shotgun for turkey. Some require shotgun for deer

My boy and his wife live in Manchester. We can drive almost anywhere, as the state is smaller than my county (I'm pretty sure). He told me that turkey was archery only during that time.

The white tail is either archery or rifle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back