Nfl draft

bennett454

Anyone excited for the upcoming draft, what player are you hoping to get? I'm an eagles fan so we can use a lot of help but I like the idea of dion jordon for some pass rush help. I also saw dee milliner projected on some mock drafts but with 5 surgury i see him sliding back quite a bit. Also think manti teo will slide some after that ugly Alabama game!

I'm always excited about the draft. I'm a Rams fan and w/two picks in the first that aren't in the top 3 selections for once it's nice to be able to sit back and see who falls to use instead of already knowing who it's going to be for a month plus lol.

NO? - a bunch of chumps gettin' $100M dollar contracts who have not proven worthy, AND end up like Jamracus Russel = fat, broke as a joke and worthless in 2 years.

I was excited when the Donkeys reeled in Wes! I can hear it from Dave Logan already -> Manning to Welker..........................TOUCHDOWN!

Not sure what the Vikings have been drinking lately. They actually have had back-to-back years of good drafts and are poised to have another great draft this year, with 5 of the first 102 picks, including two late first rounders.

In a division with Aaron Rogers, Jay Cutler, and Matt Stafford, the Vikings need to go with defense, defense and defense. DT, ILB, and CB, in some order with their first three picks.

Then all their other picks needs to be wide receivers, in hopes one of them is a diamond in the rough. I wouldn't care if they spend all eight remaining picks on WR, you would think at least one of them would make the cut, even if he was a two year project.

I hope they don't draft the "distraction looking or a place to call home" linebacker from Notre Dame. Like often happens with Golden Domers, I fear he is way over rated by the Irish-biased media. Even if not over rated, it seems the distraction factor makes him a third round pick, at best. (Note to self - you probably just cursed the team and they will burn their first pick on this guy.)

And please don't draft a 5' 8" 170# wide receiver. We already saw how well a 5' 10" 190# receiver can get the crap beat out of him in the Viking system, think Percy Harvin. I don't care if the guy is fast and played in a wide open system at WVU. Get some guy who can play the entire season without multiple trips to the training bench each game.

Lol I think that's part of the fun when you see all the hype on on a certain player and they fall flat and then on the opposite end someone like russal Wilson pop up and become a star when on draft day no ones talking about them!

I saw a lot have manti teo going to the Vikings but I agree he doesn't seem first round quality. And Minnesota needs somebody to share the offensive load with AP. Not a minnesota fan but I am an Adrian peterson fan and would like to see him get a ring someday.

..also be inteersting to see where honey badger goes...dude might be a toker but has serious skills.

Rocky Mt high in Denver be a good fit...:)

Nice call on Matthieu NHY! Bring him here = Champ looked like a chump covering those ultra fast wide outs. Good fit indeed as he can smoke weeeeed! :)

Mn usually picks good in the exit draft ( talent that's ready to retire ) such as Hershel walker,Brett farve,and u see how that's worked out for us. Oh we'll at least they offer some good comic relief

Die hard Steelers fan here! Excited to see how this years first round unfolds...so many teams wanting to trade back and no guaranteed "Franchise" QB in this years crop. I think there is going to be tons of trades especially with the quality teams in the back end trade up in the draft holding excess picks moving up to get a certain player at a certain position of need. When you have a talented roster already, why do you need 8+ draft picks?.....should be fun!

Also, not a Vikings hater at all (I HATE the Ravens more than anything on this planet) but it is funny to look back at what they did the last time they held 2 First round picks...

They took:

-Troy Williamson (Track Star) @ #7
-Erasmus James @ 18

They passed on:

DeMarcus Ware @ 11
Derrick Johnson @ 15
Aaron Rogers @ 24
Roddy White @ 27
Heath Miller @30
Logan Mankins @ 32

........ALL of these have been lights out perennial pro bowlers and some will be in the Hall of Fame. Now I know some teams draft according to need and clearly that is what they did with those positions but it would have been interesting if they would have went with Ware @ #7 and White @ #18....

Also, not a Vikings hater at all (I HATE the Ravens more than anything on this planet) but it is funny to look back at what they did the last time they held 2 First round picks...

They took:

-Troy Williamson (Track Star) @ #7
-Erasmus James @ 18

They passed on:

DeMarcus Ware @ 11
Derrick Johnson @ 15
Aaron Rogers @ 24
Roddy White @ 27
Heath Miller @30
Logan Mankins @ 32

........ALL of these have been lights out perennial pro bowlers and some will be in the Hall of Fame. Now I know some teams draft according to need and clearly that is what they did with those positions but it would have been interesting if they would have went with Ware @ #7 and White @ #18....

Gawd, did you have to remind me and tell the entire world? Urgggh. Just when the scabs of the Herchel Walker trade started to heal, along comes that debacle. That in itself should have been grounds for firing the entire coaching and scouting staff and thankfully Mike Tice was gone following the calamity.

Troy Williamson couldn't catch a cold in a nursery ward. And to think they traded a 4th and a 5th to move up 8 spots to draft this guy. We had OLs with better hands than that guy.

Erasmus spent a lot of time smiling and working on his muscle flexing, but I don't think he ever recorded a single sack. What a disaster that was.

Oh, the pain. Please, let's put those memories back in the grave.

Bahahaha Sorry Randy!! Trust me, every organization has been there! My Steelers were just as bad in 2008.....

1st- RB Rashard Fumblehall
2nd- WR Limas Sweed
3rd- LB Bruce Davis
4th-OT Tony Hills
5th-QB Dennis Dixon
6th-CB Mike Humphal

Now THAT is terrible. None of those guys started a game or played special teams other then Dixon (1 game emergency) Mendenhall and he did not turn out to be 1/4 of what they envisioned him being. I don't believe any of them other then Mendy and Dixon (4th String QB) were on the roster after 2009. Those misses have caught up with us the past two years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings go DL and a DB in the 1st. They have a very solid D as is and adding two more young studs would help them. Grab a bigger WR in rounds 2-3.

Randy I agree with you, Tavon is good but not built for the wr pos. in the nfl . Maybe a few rep, guy or special teams. Imo Steadman is a much better receiver than Tavon. As for Geno wait n see. He is put on a pedestal. He is great with no pressure and everything going his way. If you rattle him He's done.. I

I think that the Golden Domer can help Minny, but if they dont take him, they need some serious help at WR. I think Te'o and Keenan Allen would be two really good picks for them. If not Te'o, Allen would be real nice for them and then go Ogletree. But I am not a Vikings fan, more a fan of All Day then anything else on the team and big 69. My wife is a Chargers fan and so I have picked them up as my team. I used to be a 49ers fan but left them after the disrespect they showed to their stars as I thought about doing when the Chargers hated on Ladanian. I really like the idea of the Chargers trading up to get one of the big OT like Eric Fisher, however if they dont I hope that Warmack falls to them, or they take one of my Tar Heel boys in Jonathan Cooper if he falls to them.

I am praying Cooper falls to my Steelers!! I think he is going to be special for many, many years!! I have never seen a guy his size pull and move like that! Freakish althete and seems like a high character dude. Unfortunately there is no way he gets past your Chargers...Although if Tavon Austin is there still for San Diego he could be the pick. They need to surround Rivers with some quality weapons! They haven't done a good job replacing the guys they have taken away from him over the years

I think teams need to look to a position other than WR for offensive help in this year's draft. There are some outstanding TE to be had, headlined by Eiffert and Ertz. Either one of them can be starters, and productive, tomorrow. I think a good TE is an underrated weapon and harder to find than a good WR.

I agree on the TE however, it is always hard to take a TE in the first round due to the fact that they are never a sure thing and have to be good at so many things.
In regards to Cooper or Austin I will be pissed if the Chargers take Austin over cooper. I would be really, really happy if they take Cooper and some how trade up to get Keenan Allen later in the first round. That would be a best case scenario for me.

As an AZ Cards "Hater"[ politics] they had a decent draft... But the Rams were better... so with the Niners and Seattle .#1 #2 .. The cards could challenge for 3rd place

Back