NFA Wait Times

I just got back from the shop where I purchased a Harvester 300 March of 2021 after calling ATF I found my app had been approved 5/22/22 I go to the shop to find out they had screwed up and serial numbers don't match paperwork so after our conversation I walk out with a refund no can and about 15 months wasted. Will start over with silencer central my advice is if any are in northwest NC around Boone stay the hell away from any Extreme gun shop yes it all sucks but maybe online has alot to offer good luck to all.

Huh. I called the ATF two days ago. I’m pending. Average wait time is 100 days. Quick check and I’m at 159. (161 today).

I’m waiting on a harvester evo and Hyperion K . Eformed from feb . My longest wait was over a year for my m16, shortest was a month for a form 1 sbr .

I just got back from the shop where I purchased a Harvester 300 March of 2021 after calling ATF I found my app had been approved 5/22/22 I go to the shop to find out they had screwed up and serial numbers don't match paperwork so after our conversation I walk out with a refund no can and about 15 months wasted. Will start over with silencer central my advice is if any are in northwest NC around Boone stay the hell away from any Extreme gun shop yes it all sucks but maybe online has alot to offer good luck to all.
Holy crap, that sucks.

Dude thinks the nfa is unconstitutional.

Dude doesn't know his Scalia.
My ire has nothing to do with the tax itself, it’s the bureaucratic labyrinth, with no ability to get personal assistance that makes me hate them. Nothing like a red stamp return on four rifles, telling me they don’t exist, when they just processed the paperwork from the vendor six months prior to that.

As to the other dude, some dots just don’t connect no matter how hard you try.

I'm still waiting on a paper form 4. Cashed 7-21-21. Called atf this morning, they answered first ring... Pending. First on took 5 months this one forever. Next one hopefully 100 days...

My ire has nothing to do with the tax itself, it’s the bureaucratic labyrinth, with no ability to get personal assistance that makes me hate them. Nothing like a red stamp return on four rifles, telling me they don’t exist, when they just processed the paperwork from the vendor six months prior to that.

As to the other dude, some dots just don’t connect no matter how hard you try.

200w (3).gif

Paper form 4. Silencer shop sparrow. 13 months on august 5th and still waiting. Not patiently either.

I happen to know that the number of e-forms received in March of this year were 6-8 times what a normal month would be. All the talk of gun control pushed a lot more purchases. This is going to stagnate the process even more. They are also processing all forms on first come first serve basis. E-forms will help but numerous dealers are flat out lying about the wait times. One of the biggest delays is always mistakes on applications. Dealers often pass the blame onto ATF when their mistakes are causing issues. All that said, ATF needs to modernize this system and speed thing up. There is no excuse for any government agency to take that long to process an application. I wish congress would remove suppressors from the NFA. Suppressors are not being used in violent crimes and are not a real issue (questionable if they ever were). As I sit here, as a LE, I am still waiting on mine as well so I feel the same pain as everybody else.

Stay safe and good luck this season.

Last edited:
205 days and mine is out of ATF jail. E forms also. Not as fast as I had hoped but still plenty of time for rifle season.
Funny enough the only one I am waiting on is my SiCo Harvester to be used for hunting season haha 173 days now I think

For those that have done this…

Did you do a trust or individual?

Back