Newbie needs help

PotatoWhisperer

hey all. I a recovering member from MM and Moosie got me to check this place out...anyways, I am going to be in San Antonio this summer and was wondering if anyone knew a good place to go hunting for hogs/exotics and had a private fishing hole as well! Any info would be great. Thanks in advance!

It depends on what you want, bow, gun, saltwater, freshwater, what? Economical Exotics are definitely at the Thompson Temple place we are going too. Call him at (830)234-4120 and make a reservation. There are definitely hogs at the place just south of town, (210)626-3153 that can be hunted with gun or bow. There's two small lakes on the southeast side of town, a catfish pond on the southwest side of town, a pretty big lake north of town, some river fishing northwest of town and a bunch of saltwater fishing down by Corpus Christi about 3 hours from here on the coast.

Thanks Tom. I should be more specific. A gun hunt, and any type of fishing...preferably on site at the ranch we's be hunting! Bass, cats, whatever. I think when I'm in Houston, I'll try to do a day of salt water fishing in the Gulf...
But as for the hunting, we'll be leaving Austin on a Sunday night and driveing to where ever wwe're going to be hunting. hunt/fish Mon and Tues morning and on to San Antonio for meetings Tuesday afternoon. So something realitively close to San Antonio...I'll call the number you gave me, thanks a ton!

The Thompson Temple place is weekends for the economical hunt, its cheap based on volume. The other number will do it, they have some exotics too. Canyon Lake is between Austin and San Antonio. I'm not up on a place to both hunt and fish unless you spent big money at 777Ranch, I know they have both.

p-dub, Welcome aboard !!!! You're in good hands with Tom. I think HE knows more about Exotics then Women..... Ohhh WAIT.. ;) HAHA

P-DUB, Someday maybe we'll hook up on a hunt ?!/! WELCOME aboard again !!

Thanks for the welcome...I've been checking things out and like what I see. I'm sure I'll change my mind...I've seen what Moosie is capeable of! hehe

Anyways, thanks for the help and info...

potato Shhhhhhhhhh.. welcome.. I am a newbie also.. Warning to ya tho::: ""If "" you are in the presence of "' Shakey"", Guard your FOOD

Hey, we have room at the hog/turkey ranch starting sunday. We had three who had to work instead of go on the saturday sunday hunt for rams. Can you guys make it here in a day? My cell phone is (210)288-2727. I think we're closer to Oklahoma than to Arizona.

Sorry. I just saw your reply. I would have loved to have gone. I was up in the White Mountains trout fishing this weekend. Some friends of mine and I rented a cabin and we spent Eater up there! Thanks for the invite!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back