Yeti GOBOX Collection

New yellowstone bison plan

ccc23454

Not sure where this is going but wanted to put it on radar. I am sure this will effect MT hunters obviously the most depending what they choose to do. I know i say it every chance i can but i got my yellowstone OIL Bison this year in the AB, that has rekindled my interest in the species and appreciation for them. This seems to be right in line with the wolf push! I would like to see a expansion of hunters and reduction in the pen and quarantine to provide to indians just to kill (but understand all involved).

I'm waiting on the lawsuit from BFC that says the hunt is unlawful due to the legislative changes that eliminated wild bison as a designated game animal.

The quarantine program isn't going to go away, and in fact, it would mean more bison transferred to lands where they are wanted if those facilities were expanded, so the pipeline of clean bison could be increased.

The IBMP isn't perfect, but it's the only negotiated management compact out there. If you want expanded bison hunting opportunities, then tell FWP and the Governor, not the park or Forest Service.

The quarantine program isn't going to go away, and in fact, it would mean more bison transferred to lands where they are wanted if those facilities were expanded, so the pipeline of clean bison could be increased.

The IBMP isn't perfect, but it's the only negotiated management compact out there. If you want expanded bison hunting opportunities, then tell FWP and the Governor, not the park or Forest Service.
I guess I should have clarified- instead of shipping to slaughter... I've got no problem with them being shipped to new locations for creating/expanding herds.

I guess I should have clarified- instead of shipping to slaughter... I've got no problem with them being shipped to new locations for creating/expanding herds.

Gotcha. Agreed.

But, there's a treaty issue with that as well. CSKT have electe to take most of their bison this way, rather than through treaty hunting, which has a whole other layer of sensitivity.

The latest news blip I saw through Eastman's was that there is a group trying to get the Yellowstone/Teton herd listed on the Endangered Species list. That will mess things up, and this would be the year that I drew the WY Bison tag!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back