Caribou Gear

New Tire Opinions

I don't remember which, but the most aggressive tread they offered in the AT3. Recommended by a friend. Going back to BFG TA KOs or something else when these wear out.
Living in WY and spending 60%+ of my time on gravel, dirt, and two-tracks I encounter snow, ice, mud, clay, and bentonite.
I used BFG s in the past and they performed much better for me.
Open for suggestions, but I know I will not be going with AT3s next time.
Man with 60% on gravel roads , though KO2’s will get super beat up and sipped so should be great on highway / blacktop road in wet & snow
clay / cat litter goo no help

Last edited:
I don't remember which, but the most aggressive tread they offered in the AT3. Recommended by a friend. Going back to BFG TA KOs or something else when these wear out.
Living in WY and spending 60%+ of my time on gravel, dirt, and two-tracks I encounter snow, ice, mud, clay, and bentonite.
I used BFG s in the past and they performed much better for me.
Open for suggestions, but I know I will not be going with AT3s next time.
Toyo AT3 or Cooper? I have had Toyo AT2 and now AT3 on my duramax and have loved them.

pay the price diff and go bfg ko all-terrians,,or mud terrians,,they are good and worth the money difference imo.they do wera a bit on a heavy full sized truck,but traction,wear,3 ply sidewalls all worth it.

Man with 60% on gravel roads , though KO2’s will get super beat up and sipped so should be great on highway / blacktop road in wet & snow
clay / cat litter goo no help
Not saying they are the best, but way better than the Coopers. I wore out two sets of BFG KOs and they definitely performed better.
I am open for suggestions as I will need new shoes by mid summer.

Not saying they are the best, but way better than the Coopers. I wore out two sets of BFG KOs and they definitely performed better.
I am open for suggestions as I will need new shoes by mid summer.
I agree the KO2 are better than the Cooper AT3.

If you want to try something different, try Duratracs or ST Maxx. If you’re in heavy shale, probably go the ST Maxx. I certainly wouldn’t be afraid to try the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. The more I hear about it the more it moves up my list.

I put BFG KO2s on my 2011 4Runner - great traction off road, and surprisingly quiet on the road. I wore out my Cooper ATSs, so I decided to try something else. No regrets about spend a few $$ more for the BFGs!

I run KO2s and they’ve been good. I don’t have a ton of AT tire experience, so I might try ST Maxx next just for a comparison. Although, the KO2 rides on the pavement the same as any highway tire I’ve had on a truck…maybe I don’t notice the extra noise because I never ride without the radio playing.

I run KO2s and they’ve been good. I don’t have a ton of AT tire experience, so I might try ST Maxx next just for a comparison. Although, the KO2 rides on the pavement the same as any highway tire I’ve had on a truck…maybe I don’t notice the extra noise because I never ride without the radio playing.
It’s funny the difference in opinions across the Interweb on KO2. I’ve heard they suck in snow and rain, won’t balance, loud, etc. I ran a few sets on different pickups. I found them to be very good on snow. Less good in deep snow. Fine in rain. Much less fine in mud. Very good in sand and rocks. Always balanced fine and no annoyingly loud road noise.

It’s funny the difference in opinions across the Interweb on KO2. I’ve heard they suck in snow and rain, won’t balance, loud, etc. I ran a few sets on different pickups. I found them to be very good on snow. Less good in deep snow. Fine in rain. Much less fine in mud. Very good in sand and rocks. Always balanced fine and no annoyingly loud road noise.
They are just ok for everything. Had them on the wife's rig. Moved on to other tires that work better for us. I used to use the original BFG Mud Terrain for years. Bit aggresive, but an awesome tire. mtmuley

They are just ok for everything. Had them on the wife's rig. Moved on to other tires that work better for us. I used to use the original BFG Mud Terrain for years. Bit aggresive, but an awesome tire. mtmuley
Have your Coopers still worn well after siping?

Yes. I sipe every tire I buy. But, the wife and I both drive full size 4 wheel drives. In my experience over the last 30 years or so, it's worth the cost. mtmuley
I really liked the set of ST Maxx I had on a work truck, I just found they weren’t quite as good on packed snow and ice as Duratracs. The siping would definitely help that. I’ll be due for new tires this fall, always looking for improvements.

I really liked the set of ST Maxx I had on a work truck, I just found they weren’t quite as good on packed snow and ice as Duratracs. The siping would definitely help that. I’ll be due for new tires this fall, always looking for improvements.
Interesting. I've had one set of Duratracs and will never buy another. The ST Maxx is my go to tire. Second set coming in October right before hunting season. mtmuley

Interesting. I've had one set of Duratracs and will never buy another. The ST Maxx is my go to tire. Second set coming in October right before hunting season. mtmuley
Duratracs have been great in snow for me, but they’re definitely not the toughest.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back