Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New ruger american Gen II

brockel

My step Dad has been talking about getting something for the grandkids to use in a straight walled cartridge for around home. Might be just the ticket with the short barrel and adjustable LOP. thanks for posting this up.

For the estimated price, the Ruger American is reaching beyond its station. A Tikka will have a jump on the mechanics, customizability, and build quality. Ruger will have to pour the gravel out of the action, magazine, and trigger plus build a stock not made of Savage quality recycled plastic.

That being said it'll sell for the same reason Cam and Co are mentioned in podcasts with dudes that have beef with guys at trailheads

For the estimated price, the Ruger American is reaching beyond its station. A Tikka will have a jump on the mechanics, customizability, and build quality. Ruger will have to pour the gravel out of the action, magazine, and trigger plus build a stock not made of Savage quality recycled plastic.

That being said it'll sell for the same reason Cam and Co are mentioned in podcasts with dudes that have beef with guys at trailheads

$550 last week on buds. Ruger is going aic mags on these so feeding issues will be gone. Im a tikka whore but imo there’s a reason tikka is having the sale they are right now. 2024 is going to be another jump in price on them I think. I’m guessing $800 for a blued. Add another $100+ for cutting and threading

Seems high for a range toy. If you need to stick to a tight budget then you need something cheaper. If you're spending mad money, keep saving for a Beretta BRX-1. They're in stock again, btw.

I have 2 tikkas . I never understood why everyone thinks the action makes a rifle . Tikkas were a deal 6-8 years ago at 650 bucks off the shelf . Now for a threaded version it’s over 1000 . I’m interested in this rifle if the trigger is decent .

I have 2 tikkas . I never understood why everyone thinks the action makes a rifle . Tikkas were a deal 6-8 years ago at 650 bucks off the shelf . Now for a threaded version it’s over 1000 . I’m interested in this rifle if the trigger is decent .
Not just the action on tikkas, which is fantastic. Their barrels are some of the most consistently accurate in the industry

Handled one today in 204 Ruger, definitely felt like an upgrade over the previous rifles. I’m not fond of detachable magazines on a hunting rifle and even less when they don’t sit flush but hopefully the swap solves the feeding issues. That barrel is substantial, also hate that they went with the spiral fluting but I understand that’s in style right now. If they shoot like the previous version then it’s probably a get at ~$600.

I may pick one up in 6cm or 7 prc to play with once they come out!

Love the barrel lengths, the cerakote, threading, and the calibers that will be available. My old ruger American pred is a shooter, I could definitely see getting one of these. I applaud ruger for leaning into it with some innovation. Especially since I hunt with suppressors now good for them

Handled one today in 204 Ruger, definitely felt like an upgrade over the previous rifles. I’m not fond of detachable magazines on a hunting rifle and even less when they don’t sit flush but hopefully the swap solves the feeding issues. That barrel is substantial, also hate that they went with the spiral fluting but I understand that’s in style right now. If they shoot like the previous version then it’s probably a get at ~$600.

The detachable mag is the only thing I don't like about my Tikka. I just prefer a floor plate.

Yeah it definitely looks like they've made some improvements and I love my older American. The icing on the cake would be for somebody to produce a fiberglass or carbon fiber stock for it....but of course we can't make those for anything other than a Remington 700 based action 😅

Yep. Hard no on the magazine and fluting. mtmuley

The gen-2's have some nice updates for sure, I have a first generation predator version in 308, and with an 18" tube I found to be very accurate, and easy to carry all day in the woods. But there isn't enough there for me to upgrade to a new one.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back