Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New Remingtons

pawhitetail

Has anyone here actually bought one of the new Remingtons yet? If so, what's your first impression? Accuracy and function good?
I have a couple pre bankruptcy 700bdls and would really like to get either the 270 or 308 in a bdl but hesitant without some input. I know some local shops are getting some in and they're gone like hotcakes but I haven't heard anything on them yet

I need to go buy a pump action 7mm mag before they go out of business again...

I bought a 700 cdl right before they went out of business and it's a great gun. Only issue was the quality control was a little loose, the chamber was a little rough and dirty. Polished up fine though. I'm Interested to see if their quality has improved or gotten worse nowadays.

They make a 760 in 300wsm with a threaded barrel and I’ll buy 2 of them…tomorrow.

Has anyone here actually bought one of the new Remingtons yet? If so, what's your first impression? Accuracy and function good?
I have a couple pre bankruptcy 700bdls and would really like to get either the 270 or 308 in a bdl but hesitant without some input. I know some local shops are getting some in and they're gone like hotcakes but I haven't heard anything on them yet
Not yet, we got a few in our shop. Seem nice, my coworker who has forgotten more about guns then I will ever know, didn't seem to hesitate buying one in 300WM.

I keep hoping to come across one of the alpha’s, nothing yet tho. The fit and finish on the regular 700s has looked good so far

Skip to post 22 and 46. Of course, this was one rifle. Take it as you will

Good read.

@p_ham that will make the market hard if they start producing the mountain rifle again. For 930 that rifle is a great deal with that quality.

@p_ham that will make the market hard if they start producing the mountain rifle again. For 930 that rifle is a great deal with that quality.
I've seen comments that the Alpha 1 needs to come in under 1K to be competitive. Doesn't make sense with the features on the rifle. Glad to see some reviews on the 700's coming out. mtmuley

I've seen comments that the Alpha 1 needs to come in under 1K to be competitive. Doesn't make sense with the features on the rifle. Glad to see some reviews on the 700's coming out. mtmuley
I feel like that’s just regurgitated nonsense from how people felt about the old remington. I’d happily choose an Alpha 1 over a Christensen any day with all the good reviews I’ve seen on it so far

I feel like that’s just regurgitated nonsense from how people felt about the old remington. I’d happily choose an Alpha 1 over a Christensen any day with all the good reviews I’ve seen on it so far
Too bad the alpha doesn’t come in stainless. The $1800 price tag I’ve seems a little high. I think they could sell them for $1400. I can put the same rifle together for right around $1600 except it would be stainless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back