New Remingtons

Too bad the alpha doesn’t come in stainless. The $1800 price tag I’ve seems a little high. I think they could sell them for $1400. I can put the same rifle together for right around $1600 except it would be stainless.
Right there with a Seekins or Springfield. mtmuley

Have the same feelings about those. If we are comparing it to a Christensen you can get a comparable Christensen for $1300 in a much lighter weight platform if weight is a concern.
The Alpha is cerakoted adding to the cost. I'd rather have stainless for sure. There's always other options. To me what Remington is doing is a step in the right direction. Will be interesting to see final street price. mtmuley

The Alpha is cerakoted adding to the cost. I'd rather have stainless for sure. There's always other options. To me what Remington is doing is a step in the right direction. Will be interesting to see final street price. mtmuley
Be nice to see them upgrade the trigger on all their models. And dump the sps stock for something stiffer

A visit to a qualified Smith fixes those triggers on the 700. The Alpha 1 comes with a Timney. mtmuley
They could throw that Timney on all their models. Bet they aren’t paying more than $70 for them from Timney. When I look at the lower end Remingtons of old I had to figure in the cost to replace the terrible stock and either make the 90 mile round trip for a smith to “fix” the factory trigger and pay him or I replace it with an after market.

Hopefully the new Remingtons are different. I see their cheaper sps models are suppose to have a “new and improved” stock design. Hope it’s good. I’m anxious to get my hands on one and play with it.

Ill let them sell a few thousand and see the reviews then. Especially when Tikka T3x Roughtech is $1200 and Bergaras hunting platforms are $700-900.

Being a bowhunter, I follow the rifle industry a lot less, but handling dozens of rifles at work, they are all starting to blend.

They could throw that Timney on all their models. Bet they aren’t paying more than $70 for them from Timney. When I look at the lower end Remingtons of old I had to figure in the cost to replace the terrible stock and either make the 90 mile round trip for a smith to “fix” the factory trigger and pay him or I replace it with an after market.

Hopefully the new Remingtons are different. I see their cheaper sps models are suppose to have a “new and improved” stock design. Hope it’s good. I’m anxious to get my hands on one and play with it.
Understood. Most don't have the logistical issues you have. I'm not in the market for a new rifle but as a Remington fan like what I see. If I was I would buy one without hesitation. As of now I am going to rebarrel at least one of my 700's. Including original cost of rifle plus new rebarrel I'm still under what a new one costs. mtmuley

Too bad the alpha doesn’t come in stainless. The $1800 price tag I’ve seems a little high. I think they could sell them for $1400. I can put the same rifle together for right around $1600 except it would be stainless.
I heard it was going to be around 1400. Ope.

The new action looks to have some nice upgrades and Im curious if they will sell just actions in the future.
I’m hopeful with D’arcy as CEO and a new bolt Remington will finally fix the Primary Extraction!

I hope they don’t swap everything over to the Alpha 1 type bolts. I found nothing to be wrong with the original version of the bolts.

It has nice deeply stamped lettering. Not like like most of these new guns.

Heard on a podcast they’re drastically tightening tolerances so you can use prefits and switch bolts easily.
So like a tikka with even more aftermarket support. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen

Has anyone here actually bought one of the new Remingtons yet? If so, what's your first impression? Accuracy and function good?
I have a couple pre bankruptcy 700bdls and would really like to get either the 270 or 308 in a bdl but hesitant without some input. I know some local shops are getting some in and they're gone like hotcakes but I haven't heard anything on them yet
Not yet.

Heard on a podcast they’re drastically tightening tolerances so you can use prefits and switch bolts easily.
So like a tikka with even more aftermarket support. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen

That would definitely increase their desirability!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back