New Remingtons

Thought I remember reading they were a 5r chrome moly barrel cerakoted but maybe my brain just registered cerakoting and thought chrome moly. I’d have to do some digging. Would definitely be good if they were stainless. I REALLY want to put my hands on one
My guess is that they are stainless, but that is simply because I can’t figure out why you would use chromoly on a high end gun and then cerakote it.

I also assume that the MSRP is high to build in cushion for retailers to offer sales, and that the cushion is higher than normal because retailers aren’t sure what Remington sales are going to look like after retooling, raising the price, and letting buyers buy other brands for a few years, so the retailers probably want the ability to have a fire sale if necessary. If the new Remingtons end up being popular, then I suspect the MSRP will drop, even if the average purchase price doesn’t change at all.

Last edited:
I like my straight trigger TT but only have one rifle I can use it on as it makes the reach too far with my other stocks.

Interesting. I'd never considered that it made for a longer grip to trigger distance.
I think reach to trigger is too long on most rifles and stock setups for me. The KMW sentinel and an AICS 1.5 are th only stocks I've used that I could run the straight blade TT in. My manners stocks are all inletted too far forward for me to get a consistent grip and still obtain a nice straight trigger press with that flat trigger. My EH1 works nicely with a curved face but the LRH is still a bit of a reach. I don't have particularly small hands.

It's something I will be paying more attention to in the future with stock selection or requesting they inlet it a little further to the rear.

Last edited:
Back